navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » When Poetry Speaks
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic When Poetry Speaks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
shock gospel
since 2000-02-02
Posts 33

0 posted 2000-02-07 02:28 PM

When poetry speaks of Gods love and salvation
it shouldn't be filled with
confused conversation.
When God uses poetry to set forth His mind
there's mysteries to behold
beneath every line.
When Gods poetry speaks and nobody listens
was there something they missed
to keep them from tripping?
Now poetry's written for all kinds of reasons
but when written by God
it becomes spirit pleasing.
So keep this in mind the next time you read
an interesting piece
of Gods poetry.
If you'll listen with the ears of your spirit
it's told
that the mystries of salvation
will start to unfold.

P.S. This is the last one for a while. It's time
to think, to wonder, to ask ourselves, has the church reduced God to what we think He means when He instructs us on matters of healing, sin, faith
and obedience?
Remember the book of Acts paints a picture of a group of 12 young men who turned their known world upside down with the demonstration of Gods Power,
not in their ability to toss scriptures back and forth to justify their personal disbeliefs, as if a single scripture could portray all God has to say about any matter.
Are we a picture of the book of Acts? With all of our technology are we powerfully changing the world
with Gods Word and Spirit demonstrating Gods power with signs and wonders to follow? Or are we still bantering back and forth (while the world watches)in the name of "denominations"(a word whose greek origin implies to divide) Are we waiting for God to make the big move? Or is God waiting for us? Read the whole bible, several times, not just the parts your pastor pulls out to convince you it's time to fill the offering plate( now I know I just made somebody mad), or the feel good stuff about how much He loves us. God is an awsome God and will not be mocked! Recieving Him demands that we learn to "Obey My comandments.. Turn from your wickedness and then I will Heal you" those who have an ear to hear will rid themselves of their pride as well as their "repetitive sins" and live in Gods heavenly health and power and with the presence of that virtue in your body then when you put your hands on a sick person and pray in the name of Jesus.. of course God is a God of choice and if you choose to believe some powerless silly denominational doctrine(I'm only human or gee my faith isn't Big enough yet) then the Word is very clear in Jeremiah 46:11 "Go up into Gilead, and take balm, O virgin, the daughter of Egypt: in vain shalt you use many medicines; for thou shalt not be cured." How much of the House of God is still living in Egypt? Read the book of Jeremiah it's not a pretty picture
But through it all God promises to restore and heal if we will " Listen to My voice, turn from your wickedness and.. well somebody got by now. Gods peace be with you as you grow in His wisdom. I'll be back in a few weeks, if your really stuck in life and need to talk please e-mail me at: shockgospel@juno.com
this is an offer to those who are in bondage who need some solid Truth to get free to operate in Gods fullness, not to argue doctrine. May the God of this universe bless all who hold fast to the name of Jesus. Please do not respond to this letter
untill you have read all the letters Iv'e written in the forum concerning this matter lest you find yourself misunderstanding and sending me another scripture.
bye for now, the shockster

© Copyright 2000 shock gospel - All Rights Reserved
Majestic
since 2000-01-11
Posts 264
houston, tx.
1 posted 2000-02-07 09:59 PM

woohoo......I'm sure while we all have fun posting and reading each other's poem's...What we accomplish here is a small thing when compared to what the apostles did...But...to each his own as they say...For myself...i have been uplifted each time I come to read the poetry here...So, even if I'm the only one outta however many who was uplifted...I would imagine that pleased God....AS far as reducing God by what "We Think" ...Your probably correct...Myself, I'm pretty sick of people trying to convince me of something with one certain scripture about this or that....

But that's just me......!...Who's to say my opinion is the right or wrong one....

Though, I do so hate being wrong...hehe..

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 2000-02-07 10:30 PM

Well, I imagine you were speaking of me, with all that scripture I threw out there.
I don't know what to say other than I agree whole heartedly.  It is derived from the greek meaning just that...division!  So many do not have the Truth of God, but instead listen to man and how they interpret His word. Many of my poems are on that very subject. Maybe you should take a moment and go back a few pages and read those!
I can only applaud you and speaking bold, for we are the salt of the earth!

<*\\\><

When you can't make up your mind
Which way is right for you,
Stop and softly ask yourself,
What Would Jesus Do?

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-02-08 05:52 PM

you always make us think "shockster"...
goodbye for now, good luck on your new journey...take care janet marie

..."when you walked into the room...I saw their faces---
did you know--you made it seem like time was standing still...
and I felt---fascination...though I only knew you then--just casually...
then you slowly turned and smiled in my direction...
and my heart gave me away"....

Glass Tiger

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2000-02-12 11:00 AM

Once I heard of a man who said he'd been through the bible several times and it had done nothing for him.  He was told it was a matter of the bible going through him that makes a difference.  Always read your postings.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » When Poetry Speaks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary