navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » No Escape, No Return
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic No Escape, No Return Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Artur Hawkwing
since 1999-06-30
Posts 444
USA

0 posted 2000-01-15 10:55 PM

Ok, before you read further, let me state something. This was written by me when I was twelve years old. At the time, I was new to writing poetry. I was thinking about the cover of Stephen King's novel Dolores Calaborne (sp?) with the eclipse overhead when I wrote this. It's about the lady who pushed her husband down a well. But I put myself in his place. Oh well. Don't blame me for what I did 7 years ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No Escape, No Return"

So stuck am I here,
   I am trapped here and my leg there,
So struck am I by their cruelty,
   Why did they ever push me into this well?
I am tied up, and I'm gonna die!
   I look up, shadows roam above,
Faces look at me and laugh,
   the cruelest whisper of words
   I ever heard,
Oh! Just over them is a view of a
   solar eclipse,
   I am dying here. . .
I cry out for help,
   They glare at me and throw
   dirt at me. . .
My arm is broken and I suffer
head injury,
   The betrayers leave me, I
   look for help,
Until I die slowly and softly. . .
   The solar eclipse looks like a
   evil eye now, it deeply betrayed
   me,
Only to bring death and slowly reap
me.
   Now I must sleep, for I don't
   want to see the rest of this,
My eyes close...close...close.

© Copyright 2000 Artur Hawkwing - All Rights Reserved
Majestic
since 2000-01-11
Posts 264
houston, tx.
1 posted 2000-01-15 11:01 PM

Kinda morbid for a twelve year old...hehe..

It does remind me of Christ hanging on the cross...

Thanks for the read...

Artur Hawkwing
since 1999-06-30
Posts 444
USA
2 posted 2000-01-15 11:14 PM

Majestic, thanks very much. I was a loner, it is indeed true, and still am. But I viewed it two different ways: personal experience, and how Jesus must have felt. Two ways to look at it. Thanks.
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
3 posted 2000-01-16 02:31 PM

I think friend, that this shows potential and good imagination, even at that relatively
young age.  It may well stand as a promise or prediction not of death, but of the future of a talented young poet.  I take it as a personal testament to you-to encourage you to go on and further develop this ability which you have been granted.  God Bless you,   David

"Our Creativity points to a Higher Creator--we couldn't have just happened, and for what ability we may possess--to God be the glory." -dlw-

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 2000-01-16 03:26 PM

For 12 yrs old this isn't bad at all. And yes, it does have a double meaning. That is good in poetry to let one's mind interpret.
I can see Christ in this also, the death of him on the cross too.  

<*\\\><
Where there is faith,
there is love.
Where there is love,
there is peace.
Where there is peace,
there is GOD.
Where there is GOD,
there is no need.

Hallmark

Artur Hawkwing
since 1999-06-30
Posts 444
USA
5 posted 2000-01-16 11:30 PM

David-
You are encouraging me to write more. That makes me feel good. Thank you! I love hearing what you are able to derive from my poems.

Rebecca-
I thought this would be interesting to show you. As an amateur, I was already writing with several hidden meanings. I can see Jesus in it too... it kind of captures the feeling I would guess he had when he was hated by the world.

There is another hidden meaning. The eyes close...close...close. A solar eclipse does that too. Or did you already dig that one out?

[This message has been edited by Artur Hawkwing (edited 01-16-2000).]

blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
6 posted 2000-01-17 06:35 PM

You guys wouldn't want to see what I wrote when I was 12 years old! I was in "love" and I just knew there would never be anyone else for me.  Typical girl stuff, but still to this day I can go back and reread my old stuff and tell you exactly who I was referring to.     Guess in a way you always remember love!

Oh and hey, you get points for creativity by using Delores Claiborne as inspiration, hehe  ~.  Also, how old are you now?

Kelly

I love the male body, it's better designed than the male mind.---Andrea Newman

Artur Hawkwing
since 1999-06-30
Posts 444
USA
7 posted 2000-01-18 01:50 PM

Gotcha - crazy of me to use Delores Claiborne as inspiration, isn't it...*sigh*....

I am 19....oh, and anyways, I beg you to show me your 12 years old poem!! My curiosity is at stake here! Just kidding!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » No Escape, No Return

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary