navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » The Dream (based on a real dream I had)
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Dream (based on a real dream I had) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Janie
since 2000-08-13
Posts 158

0 posted 2000-08-18 04:06 AM

This is a rendition of a dream I had several years ago, but I just wrote the poem a couple of months ago

Seen from a distance, captive of my dream,
a red, celestial body fell into the ocean's gleam.
Impact of the fallen Goddess hissed upon the ocean's wave;
radiance immersed in water; smoky pillows, vapor stays.

A sheet lain atop the earth witnessed by the sky,
covered up her patchwork quilt; seen by sleeping eyes.
Placed upon her soil, standing on her hallowed ground;
heard the Lord's great battle cry; voices resound.

Movements clashed, debates afire, rallies cried His Holy Name,
and for Heaven's glory, upright soldiers, tireless, gained.
Mighty moved the session, a great company;
reached the destined mountain fortress high above the sea.

Up the ancient ladder, hung on seamless main,
the rolling vapor danced; banished was the plane.
Rose up the army, divinely pulled by force,
ceased by cause unknown; the union divorced.

Trapped by misty veil, alone and unseen;
waited for the hour, faithful and serene.
Anxiously I waited, His voice unheard,
pined for reassurance or solitary word.

I prayed the dream to end, all sense non-surreal;
spirit captured bodily by sight, sound and fear.
Fiercely, raging, thoughts, my mind affright,
employed belief, succumbed to fear, challenged by the flight.

Then with spirit recollected, exited the dream,
urged myself awake, my soul to be redeemed.
And through Nod's tunnel, the message bestowed,
landed back on port and let the truth unfold.

2 Timothy, 1:13-14  “Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Jesus Christ. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit which dwells in us.”

< !signature-->

[This message has been edited by Janie (edited 08-18-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Janie - All Rights Reserved
Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
1 posted 2000-08-18 07:20 AM

Dear Janie,
  I am so glad you chose to share this  at Spirtuals with us. I do believe we are living in the last days, and we can sure look to, Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17;, as to a dream from God lining up with scriptures. I can't wait to come back to study your dream.

Well written. I'm sure "I'll want to know more, than I know now". Welcome-welcome.Marcy

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 2000-08-18 10:44 AM

Wow! A lot of scriptures are popping into mind as I read this one.

The red celestial body, Satan when booted out of Heaven to come here disguised as Jesus. (red of course not being scriptural of satan, but people thinking of him with red tights and a pitchfork)

The ocean, the seas or waters, usually depicting the peoples of the world.
Radiance immersed...brings to mind that Satan is also known as the "bright and morning star."

A sheet lain atop the earth-covering-sleeping eyes...the truth of God covered, the truth is whitewashed, Ezek 13.  The sleeping eyes, those that are spiritually blinded.

reached the destined mountain fortress high above the sea...this reminds of the Holy place where satan will sit claiming to be God. Hence our "Armageddon" (the gathering place of the crowd)  Where God's Elect, or the chosen will stand against satan.

Rose up the army, divinely pulled by force,
ceased by cause unknown; the union divorced...this is the battle from the North. They come from Alaska, and will be destroyed by God. Man shall know that it was God, for man did nothing to cause this to happen. (as they slept in their camps)

Wow, you've made quite a vision in my head, and I can see a lot of scripture in this that refers to the end times.  Great job putting it all together!!

<*\\\><

The will of God will never lead you, where the grace of God cannot keep you.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2000-08-18 04:35 PM

What a dream! Well done! I believe this is the first I've seen of your work...Welcome to Passions! I hope you enjoy your stay around here, and in the other forums.
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2000-08-19 12:37 PM

This dream you had seems to be one of those nightmares from which you awake in a cold sweat.  I liked the description of the impact the Goddess had upon the ocean...  I am no interpreter of dreams, but I know that I have had to force myself awake from a few and I am glad that you did the same.  Anyway, the dream does make for a great poem.  God Bless You,  Bob <><

...And I also extend a fine Welcome.

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
5 posted 2000-08-19 01:37 AM

Welcome Janie, thank you for this lovely poem that is so well written anf filled with a mysterious wonder, Jesus does sometomes reveal His mysteries to us in our dreams. ellie

Summers haunting melody
that awakens
the butterflies,
calling them to join
the dance
in their silent song
of praise to God.

eL

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » The Dream (based on a real dream I had)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary