navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Trust
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Trust Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Angela16
since 1999-11-19
Posts 37
USA

0 posted 1999-11-19 07:14 PM

Why can't you trust me?
What have I done to you?
How can I make you see that you can trust me?
you get so close,
but then you fear I'll say the things you cannot tell.
when you fell,
I tried to pick you up,
but you wouldn't let me,
I want to to be there when you cry,
and help you to fly.
I'll keep the things you tell me locked in my heart
and the words will never part from my mouth.

------------------
Angela

© Copyright 1999 Angela16 - All Rights Reserved
Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
1 posted 1999-11-19 08:12 PM

Angela, I don't think you can make anyone trust you.....give him/her the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they come around. As a person who has problems with trust, I can say that it is often easier to block people out, and not trust at all, than to trust and have that trust betrayed.

------------------
Thinking is just what a great many people think they are doing when they are merely rearranging their predjudices.

Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA
2 posted 1999-11-21 05:29 PM

I have to agree w/ SD, I am the sort that always blocks poeple out, becuase I am way too afraid of getting hurt. I trusted someone once and I have never felt as much pain as I did, the night that they broke all my trust. Just give them time and if they really care then they will come around and let you into thier heart. They just have to see that you are willing to be patient.

------------------
~The price of finding love is to eventually lose it. When I wish on a falling star, I wish not for material goods but to show kindness to others and be content with what the world may offer me~

~Maitay Mirabel Litton~

Angel
since 1999-07-02
Posts 551
Pennsylvania
3 posted 1999-11-21 08:11 PM

I agree with SD and Maitay. As a person who has also had some major issues with trust in the past, I also know it is much easier to just block people out than to learn to trust again. Just give it time. I know if my current boyfriend hadn't spent the time he did with me, I probably would have never trusted him. Just keep at it and I wish you the best of luck.

------------------
~Susie~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Trust

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary