navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Being a Teenager
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Being a Teenager Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GAngel2212
since 2000-04-15
Posts 21

0 posted 2000-04-15 03:46 PM

What to wear
How to stand
How to bear
How to land
What to eat
What to say
What to beat
How to pray
When to cry
When to laugh
When to sigh
When to bath
How to look
What to do
Read a book
Or buy a new shoe
How to cover my ugly face
Why am I such a disgrace?
How to make my crush like me
Oh how should I be?
Who in the world is ME?

**GAngel2212**

~Elissa~(my name)

© Copyright 2000 GAngel2212 - All Rights Reserved
Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
1 posted 2000-04-15 10:47 PM

hehe.. I know what u mean Elissa.. can be kinda confusing.. so much pressure to 'fit in' ..well, the only way you can truly 'fit in', is to ignore all the pressure, and be yourself.. if you don't know exactly what that is, to be yourself.. wait it out, u will find out who YOU are eventually, just make sure it IS you, and not a copy, of what others want u to be.  
"How to cover my ugly face"? Do u really feel this way? U know, no matter what someone looks like, no-one is ever ugly, on the outside. The only true ugliness, or true beauty, lies INSIDE, and YOU choose, whether your soul is 'ugly', or 'beautiful'..

Lynne

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
2 posted 2000-04-17 10:49 PM

This was a really good poem.  I am a teenager and I feel the same way.  Wish my crush would like me......
e-mail me any time to talk.  I also have aol messanger if you want to talk from there.
nicolec@family.net
Good Luck
Nicole

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
3 posted 2000-04-20 03:57 PM

I like this poem, I like it alot. I think it is most teenagers today's problem, we try to be what we think others want us to be and not really who we are. We were masks, those we think other people will like or those we were so other people will like us. I understand this poem completely.

I agree with what Yu Lan says. No one is ugly and no one is beautiful from the outside (no matter what the magazines and the tv shows tell us), it is who you are in the inside

natalie
since 2000-04-02
Posts 56

4 posted 2000-04-21 08:09 AM

this poem expresses feelings of teenagers very good: I really like that thing from the crush, I think every teenagers sees himself in this poem. but I am sure you aren't ugly
natalie...

MerritW
since 2000-04-18
Posts 33
Texas
5 posted 2000-04-21 03:06 PM

That's a very good poem.  I can totaly relate!  

*Love is the only thing that keeps me sane* (Sue Townsend)

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
6 posted 2000-04-21 11:41 PM

A light, witty, and very true interpretation of a teenagers life.  I loved this poem...I think I am going to show it to some of my teachers...I noticed that you did't say anything about homework...haha...it will let them know that there is more in our lives that school and homework!!!

Love Always,
Shell.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Being a Teenager

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary