navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Popular by association?
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Popular by association? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sweet Smoke
since 1999-10-23
Posts 8
Kailua-Kona, HI, USA

0 posted 1999-10-23 07:31 PM

leave me alone right now...i need to clear my head. seems like no one will really understand why sometimes the blade is so tempting...why ending it right then seems like the only way out.
my mind is such a sick picture to paint. i make you laugh before you have the chance to laugh at me.
go ahead, lie to me. everyone else already does. they may not say things aloud, but its their thoughts that hurt the most.
i look into the mirror. first i see the girl with the brown hair and green eyes, the girl who is 'popualar by association'. then it all changes. a disorted image takes over. ugly, you're so ugly.
then i see the faces of the rest of them, with their sickening faces, the faces i've learned to hate...sick and fake..you don't have to say it, you're thoughts speak loud enough through your expression.
you're so blinded by the standards set by other people and stereotypes they give, you can't see who i really am. why do i have to be just another face in the crowd...

------------------
~all that we see is but a dream within a dream~

© Copyright 1999 Sweet Smoke - All Rights Reserved
Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
1 posted 1999-10-24 01:58 AM

Sweet Smoke....this is a very powerful piece. Might I suggest editing the capitalization and posting in the prose forum?

"i make you laugh before you have the chance to laugh at me."

This is a line that hits home for me.

BTW Welcome to Passions. Please continue to post, both poems and replies.

------------------
"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage."
-Billy Corgan-

Poetic Dreams
since 1999-10-23
Posts 23
Lindsa, OKlahoma United States
2 posted 1999-10-25 03:00 AM

I think Decay is right. If you would
all that i think you will get more
replies. It was a very touching poem.
Keep up the good work.

------------------

~Once it is said it can't be forgotten, but can always be forgiven~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Popular by association?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary