navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Lost Valentine
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost Valentine Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
just about where I want to be

0 posted 2000-02-15 12:05 PM

He left me alone
Crying in the rain
Feeling the heartache
Knowing the pain

He said he would always love me
Our love would never fray
Why did we break apart
On Valentine's Day?

A day to remember
A day to love
The sound of hearts soaring
On wings of a dove

Never to know
What was to be
Only I know
He never loved me

A time of roses
A day to share
I wonder
Did he ever really care?

Why did it happen
On this day?
A day of love
Why must my heart pay?

"For every beauty, there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth, there is an ear somewhere to hear it
For every love, there is a heart somewhere to receive it".--Ivan Panin

© Copyright 2000 Lavada Miller - All Rights Reserved
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

1 posted 2000-02-15 12:12 PM

Oh! This is so sad. I'm really hoping this isn't actually something that happened, because I remember you telling everyone about getting engaged a while back. I hope this isn't true. The poem is great, but it's so sad!

Salooma

sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
2 posted 2000-02-15 12:21 PM

sadly yes Salma..this poem is true...it happened yesterday...6 months of being together, 5 weeks after becoming engaged..sad huh?

stay cool   I'll make it  

~~Lavada~~

Smore
since 2000-01-24
Posts 67
el paso
3 posted 2000-02-15 10:34 PM

I'm so sorry, my boyfriend cheated on me 2 months after proposing to me. I can honestly say I know how you feel. After three months I still find myself missing his arms around me. I hope you won't dwell on this though otherwise the pain never lessens.

Love isn't a miracle in life, the miracle of life is love.

Singer1981
since 1999-12-02
Posts 148
Fredonia, NY USA
4 posted 2000-02-15 10:48 PM

Lavada,
    Oh my goodness!  I am sooooo sooooo sorry!!!  When I started reading this, I was thinking oh i hope this isn't something that just happened!  That is really awful.  Sometimes I just don't understand guys.  I hope that you are doing ok!  If you ever want to talk, PLEASE email me.  Singer1981@aol.com.  I'm so sorry hun!
~Sarah

sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
5 posted 2000-02-16 11:42 AM

sadly, yes.,..this did happen...but I'm over him, and trying to find someone new..I know I have my whole life ahead of me, but I want to excplore the options. As for him, he already has another g/f...so I don't think he's hurting half as bad. Chin up girl! I'll make it! But I might e-mail you anyway  

stay cool

~~Lavada~~

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
6 posted 2000-02-16 01:52 PM

Lavada~

I loved your poem, no matter how sad it is.  I realize you must be hurting now, but think happy thoughts, like you have all of us here for you if you need to talk.  We all love you, chica!
~Kristi Lynn      

"Why does no one sees how hard I cry?" -Me

Singer1981
since 1999-12-02
Posts 148
Fredonia, NY USA
7 posted 2000-02-16 07:13 PM

Lavada,
    Wow!  I truly admire your strength.  If and when I am engaged(although quite far in the future I'd imagine), I don't think I'd be over him or it nearly this quick.  I'm glad that you're not letting it get you down, and I'm shocked to discover that he has moved on so quickly.  Just remember...you don't need to find someone new so fast.  Because who knows...the next person you may meet might be the one...and you wouldn't want to start that kind of a relationship while on the rebound.     Good luck with everything!!
~Sarah

Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
8 posted 2000-02-16 08:16 PM

More power to ya girl-friend! *Snaping his fingers* Hahaha.... sorry had to do that!

"WRITING IS EASY. ALL YOU DO IS STARE AT A BLANK SHEET OF PAPER UNTIL DROPS OF BLOOD FORM ON YOUR FOREHEAD." Gene Fowler

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
9 posted 2000-02-17 04:18 AM

Seems to me that this new millinium has been hard on several relationships.  I don't think I have ever had so many break ups happen around me all my life than I have this past week.  I am glad you are able to go on with your life.  It took me a few months to get over most of my break ups.  I love the poem, how it was written and not why.  

SD

If dying is the process of living life to its end.
Then what is living?

sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
10 posted 2000-02-17 09:00 AM

Hi all..I am very appreciative of your replies..it is great to know I have a big, huge family that cares  

stay cool all

~~Lavada~~

sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
11 posted 2000-02-24 09:32 AM

*BUMP*

sunshine17
since 2000-01-20
Posts 89
Bonduel, WI USA
12 posted 2000-02-24 04:08 PM

I'm sorry to read about your pain.  Aaron(my ex) and I broke up the Mon. before but on Valentine's Day he gave me a letter.  I guess you can say that some guys are really dumb.  I know how you feel even if it wasn't on the same day, my heart is still borken and my tears are still faling but all I can do is wonder did or does he even care.  I'm sure you've heard that there are plenty of guys in the sea, and it's true although I haven't found any I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
trevorskogsbergh
since 2000-02-03
Posts 129
South Pasadena, CA
13 posted 2000-02-24 07:20 PM

That was a cool poem. Unfortunately it brought back some bad memories of Valentines Day. In fact, to be honest, I hate Valentines Day. I've never had anyone to celebrate it with. I've been dumped on twice on this day. Once my sophmore year at the Valentines Day dance and the second time this past Valentines Day. But, on behalf of all men, I apoligize to you and everyother woman who have been dumped on this dreadful day. People can just sometimes be so unthoughtful.
        Trevor

P.S. If you ever want to talk or anything, look up my email address in my profile.

If you want to walk with God, you've got to go His way!

sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
14 posted 2000-02-25 09:05 AM

Sunni-- Thanks  

Trevor--You and all other guys are forgiven   And I'm sorry to hear about your pain. :{

stay cool

~~Lavada~~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Lost Valentine

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary