navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Why Does Love Hurt
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why Does Love Hurt Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ender
since 1999-12-08
Posts 200
Yuma, AZ USA

0 posted 2000-02-11 02:24 PM

*Why Does Love Hurt?*
Why does love hurt
Why does it always seem to sting
To kill a part of me?
Is it something that everyone feels
Or is it just me
Am i doing something wrong
Am i loving too much
Or do i choose the wrong person
This is no way to live
Love shouldnt hurt as far as i know
But it always does
And probably always will
At least for me

*note*--this poem is true to what i feel---

© Copyright 2000 Richard Melick - All Rights Reserved
LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
1 posted 2000-02-11 03:34 PM

Ender- no you are not the only one who gets hurt by love. I believe everyone has to mend a broken heart from time to time. But once you do meet the right person who will love you in return and meet all your needs, love will become your best friend. Nice poem also.
Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
2 posted 2000-02-11 10:08 PM

Wow Ender. I thought you stole this from my head. Good job. Your not the only one who feels this way. I too have the same feelings right now.

"WRITING IS EASY. ALL YOU DO IS STARE AT A BLANK SHEET OF PAPER UNTIL DROPS OF BLOOD FORM ON YOUR FOREHEAD." Gene Fowler

Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London
3 posted 2000-02-12 12:03 PM

Ender ... Love most certainly hurts ...
after you've been hurt by love ... all other pain seems insignificant ... but it heals and once there is another love ... the scars all but disappear
Are you doing something wrong? not likely ...chances are you fall in love too fast and too easily ...

Rex}<{{{{o>

S3NSATION18
since 2000-01-26
Posts 31

4 posted 2000-02-12 11:54 AM

ender-
it was a great poem with a great question...but ive had the same problem and i found the answer in a quote i dont know who wrote it but it made sense to me...
a life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses...you cant have love without hurt and pain...you must endure both to get what you want. i hope things work out for you...email me sometime s3nsation18@aol.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Why Does Love Hurt

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary