navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » She has to be mine!
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic She has to be mine! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dean
since 1999-11-23
Posts 120
Canada

0 posted 2000-01-31 11:43 PM

She steals my heart with a glance,
here eyes slowly meet mine.
God I have to have her,
how long? or is it only time??

I never saw her true beauty before,
I always want to give her a hug.
But something holds me back,
I think I might be scared of love.

Her sweet innocent smiles,
warm my lonely soul.
I don’t no what’s to happen,
but maybe she could make me whole.

I love talking to her,
she always listens to me.
In fact when I was blind
she made me see.

I know her heart is pure,
and wishes to do right.
She is great but if she was mine,
that I could finally sleep through the night.

"Live to love or why live at all"
Deano

[This message has been edited by Dean (edited 02-01-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 James Dean - All Rights Reserved
Mistikman
since 2000-01-10
Posts 682
San Jose, CA, USA
1 posted 2000-01-31 11:52 PM

Great poem Dean, I was wondering where you had gone   I have 2 suggestions though for the poem. number one would be to fix the little problem area in the last line of the third stanza, i think you forgot the word make in there   My second suggestion is to change the last word into something else. Tight is slang and doesnt sound quite right in poetry. Course, that is only a suggestion, not an order   Just with that word I think the poem loses a little.

I am not a poet, I am merely one who speaks in emotion

Mistikman
since 2000-01-10
Posts 682
San Jose, CA, USA
2 posted 2000-01-31 11:54 PM

Hrm, now that I think about it, how about "then I could again sleep through the night"
for the last line? it hints at not being able to sleep due to thoughts of her, and gives the poem a really nice ending i think.

Dean
since 1999-11-23
Posts 120
Canada
3 posted 2000-02-01 01:08 AM

Thanx alot for the advise!!! i fixed that part where i was going to put make and thanx for helping me with the last line. You were wondering where I went?? No where just busy passing school thats all. A girl I admire very much inspired me to right this!!

Deano :)

chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.
4 posted 2000-02-01 09:54 AM

WOW this was great! I really loved this poem and it really inspired me to tell this guy i like exactly how i feel and guess what...IT WORKED!!!!!
Mistikman
since 2000-01-10
Posts 682
San Jose, CA, USA
5 posted 2000-02-01 10:36 AM

Well chic, congratulations, we should all be so lucky   I wish you the best of luck with the guy

I am not a poet, I am merely one who speaks in emotion

Dean
since 1999-11-23
Posts 120
Canada
6 posted 2000-02-01 06:33 PM

I'm glad you liked my poem but most of all chic Ii'm gald it inspired you to tell that person you liked that you liked him..I wish i could tellthe girl i talked about in the poem how i feel but I would need confidence for that and thats something i'm lacking even though i have no reason to be. Thanx for your compliments. I'll be sure to read your stuff!!

Deano :)

Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
7 posted 2000-02-02 03:12 PM

Hey Deano...  this was great!  I mean different for you but I like it.  I to think you should follow Mistikmans sugg. and change that line. Although,  this was a great work.  I'm glad to see someone has inspired you to write such a great poem.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » She has to be mine!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary