navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » We Can't be Friends....
Open Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic We Can't be Friends.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wannabe_poet
since 1999-10-15
Posts 36
Markham, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 1999-10-17 08:37 PM

You say that you want to be friends
I sit here and ask you why?
As you touch my hair...
You say "because I care"

Then I break down and cry,
knowing that you don't love me anymore.
You want to move on but can't let go.

We can't be friends because Im still in love with you.
I say this but you do not hear me.
How can I tell this to the one that I love, knowing that they don't love me back

All this pain that I am carrying is killing me inside.
That I just want to run away and hide.....
Hide and forget you.

We were always more than friends, whether you care to admit it or not.
I do not want to take a step back.
This is why my darling we cannot be friends.

© Copyright 1999 wannabe_poet - All Rights Reserved
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
1 posted 1999-10-17 09:02 PM

That's always a hard bridge to cross, but it can be done...not easily, but done none the less....I guess it all depends on wether you would rather not have that person in your life at all as opposed to have them part of your life, but not in the respect you want...tough choice
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-10-17 11:35 PM

Sometimes friends fall in love with friends.. sometimes, you fall in love with someone and then become friends..I think it's harder to fall in love with a friend.. you never know if it will be returned.

wannabe_poet
since 1999-10-15
Posts 36
Markham, Ontario, Canada
3 posted 1999-10-17 11:50 PM

This person that I am talking about is an ex-boyfriend. He wants to be friends but yet he someimes acts as if we are more.Which we sometimes we are.. but when another female comes around he doesn't need me.How can I be friends with someone like that especially when they know I feel about them.. Why doesn't he just let me go?

I guess he is the only one who knows.

Lynn
since 1999-09-20
Posts 316
Jasper, Alabama U.S.A.
4 posted 1999-10-17 11:56 PM

I can so totally relate. I've been there twice. First time was with my first true love. We were together for 7 months then broke up. We didn't talk for about a month, but know we are the best of friends. The second was my last boyfriend, and it was the same situation as you described. We were more than friends when he didn't have another girl, and we were like best friends when he did. It is a hard choice to make, but I'm not a person good a letting go, so I guess that's why I kept them in my like.

------------------

"I Believe we are divine by nature." -Jewel

Grace is the refinement of a soul over time. -Jewel

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 1999-10-18 09:08 PM

Wonderful poem. Yet heartbreaking. Some guys are just like that. Want it both ways! Show him you're better than that! I know it hurts but once the hurt is gone you'll realize that you made the right decision.

------------------
Denise

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 1999-10-18 09:36 PM

You are being used my dear. You are better then that. If he extends friendship and you want him in your life then you have to draw a definate line. DON'T let him cross that line. I too have been there but in a slightly different way. There were no other women involved. He wanted me as a friend but if another man looked or talked to me he would become violently jealous. You have to take a stand and stick to it. Some day he will realize what he lost. Be strong and know that someone will treasure you. Be patient, be strong.
wannabe_poet
since 1999-10-15
Posts 36
Markham, Ontario, Canada
7 posted 1999-10-18 11:17 PM

Thank you hoot_owl_rn, PoetdeVine & Lynn for your feedback.

Special thanks to Denise and Marilyn for your advice it helps alot you are both right
in what you are saying and I am starting to realize it slowly more and more each day!!!

Cheers,

------------------
A.Z.

Sally S.
since 1999-06-07
Posts 847
Ohio
8 posted 1999-10-18 11:52 PM

Well, I agree with the Denise and Marilyn...
Be strong, my dear. Time has a way of taking care of these kind of situations..the right one (if there is such a thing..oops LOL) will come along...eventually. You'll just know....this one don't sound like it. Geesh, ain't love confusing? LOL Take care.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » We Can't be Friends....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary