navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Moonlight(Mary)
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Moonlight(Mary) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-06-25 05:27 AM

Moonlight

Moonlight streaming in my window, pooling at my side. From this liquid radiance she starts to rise.

Through pools of night, Moonlight races to my side. Seeking to find a dream sublime. Gracefully flitting through my dreams, fantasy is what she seems.

From this dream of fantasy I come awake, drenched in the sweat of passion. Whence came this vision of virtue true, from my fevered mind, after a fashion.

Now what is this sound borne upon the wind? Siren song, but then I am not dreaming. God, let it not end.

Looking at the window, I swear I saw the moonlight bend beckoning me closer to gaze out upon the midnight gray
Landscape without end.

Steeling my courage, entranced by the song, I approach the window within a cloud of mystery my curiosity pulling me along.

Upon the grass, below my window sill, my vision sways and dances, the moonlight pulls me forward against the edge and romance glides by the edge, casting upward glances.

I swear, below, my dream stands singing her song of love and pain. My need for her overcomes my caution, with abandon I throw myself upon the glass, my need I cannot contain.

Moonlight grasps me and lowers me to her, not wanting to interrupt her song, I scarcely dare to breathe, a kiss is all I need. What is her name? I cannot contain the rising pain, what is the name of my moonlit fairy?

She turns to me and says, "Mary".

Written for Mary (Moonlight)
Hopefully, more than a friend.

------------------
Patience is a virtue, but virtue has never been one of my redeeming qualities.

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
Genea
since 1999-06-15
Posts 321
USA
1 posted 1999-06-25 07:49 AM

Dream,

this is such a vivid piece. i like 'liquid radiance' - good description!

~Genea

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

2 posted 1999-06-25 02:51 PM

Thank you, dear. I only hope she sees it as well as you.
Moonlight
since 1999-06-25
Posts 105
Auburn, Alabama USA
3 posted 1999-06-25 04:00 PM

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

4 posted 1999-06-25 05:47 PM

A smile to fill my enraptured soul til once again your touch makes me whole,
and filled with delight at the thought we might be
better acquainted you see.

------------------
Patience is a virtue, but virtue has never been one of my redeeming qualities.

[This message has been edited by DreamEvil (edited 06-25-99).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Moonlight(Mary)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary