navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Sedona,AZ: June 10th 1999
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sedona,AZ: June 10th 1999 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christina Myers
since 1999-06-21
Posts 159

0 posted 1999-06-23 12:14 PM

you spent the day with me
laughing
staring at mountains
pulling flowers from a stream
walking along side me
you said, "sorry, if I'm boring you."

my eyes got lost in your hair
the sun upon your skin
the color of your lips
as you ran your tongue over them-
a slight bite;smaller then full

boring?
never
I am intoxicated.
Mesmerized
and
Entranced.

I am in love.

And a woman in love is never bored-

your voice is my music
your eyes my tv screen
I could watch you do nothing
and my heart would still
beat as fast.

------------------
"These poems, they are things that I do
in the dark, reaching for you...whoever you are
and are you ready?"
June Jordan

© Copyright 1999 Christina Myers - All Rights Reserved
#5 PS
since 1999-06-21
Posts 19
Ogden, Utah, USA
1 posted 1999-06-25 04:21 PM

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't read this earlier! Even though this poem is intended for a man, it still applies to men, or me I should say. Men don't show it the same way but we still feel this, that our dearest love can do no wrong or never cease to meet our every expectation and this is EXACTLY the way I feel about my fiance'. you have captured exactly what it is that makes me so entranced with her, I LOVE the lines:
"your voice is my music
your eyes my tv screen
I could watch you do nothing
and my heart would still
beat as fast"

I really like the bit of physical intensity that peeks through with the kiss, you can just tell that every little detail (of this person) is/was payed attention to...

------------------
#5 Poetic Society

Nimrod the Hunter
since 1999-06-10
Posts 60

2 posted 1999-06-25 05:00 PM

I have a friend from Arizona who tells me of his visits to Sedona, and that the number of stars there weren't exceeded anywhere else in North America. If that's Sedona after all, then it sounds very beautiful. Write more on Sedona if you can, I would love to hear more about it.

------------------
Nimrod the Hunter

Christina Myers
since 1999-06-21
Posts 159

3 posted 1999-06-25 07:20 PM

Nimrod- yes, Sedona is a lovely place- one of my favorites. Especially poignant in the fall but wonderful in any season. Strongly suggest visiting- but do it when the weather turns colder- less people, more leaves.

And Poet- thank you for the words.... one difference between you an I- you have your love, mine always remains unrequieted.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

Christina

------------------
"These poems, they are things that I do
in the dark, reaching for you...whoever you are
and are you ready?"
June Jordan

Augchic711
since 1999-06-17
Posts 80
O'Fallon, IL, USA
4 posted 1999-06-26 02:44 AM

Must keep reply short have to work at 8 tom. morn. yeah i tell myself that anyway~ shortness is not one of my strong points. WOW! one word that describes your talent. I enjoyed this poem, it took me there with you "well not really with you but you understand" I was there with my man and my love was soaring, looking at the stars~gazing into his eyes. Thanks to you! Thank you for sharing this experience with all of us and putting into such a delicate poem. Good luck in your next writing

*******Augchic711*******

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Sedona,AZ: June 10th 1999

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary