navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » The other side of paper
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic The other side of paper Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rita
since 1999-07-19
Posts 55
Danville Va. 24540

0 posted 1999-07-31 01:14 AM

Why do we write how we feel on paper? Do others not understand what we say? Or do we want to retrieve our thoughts somehow by reading back what we wrote? Are we intimidated by what others might think if they knew how we felt? Do the words that you want to speak not make a sound? There is the ohter side of the paper that we give our uncompromised trust in. It doesnt give us an opinion, and we do not ask why. It allows us to express our deepest feelings, fears, hurt, and joy. An escape from reality maybe. It doesnt tell us that we are crazy for loving someone that is unworthy. It just lays, there. Binding our secrets until we chose to reveal them. We confide on the paper our ugliest side, our truest beings, the child in us, the lover in us, the secrets we hide among us. Is it because we know our demons and for our own sanity share what we know some how? Or is it beacause we can not keep the emotions bottled up, filled to the top until one day one will knock it over, and everything spill and shatter to the ground. there is the other side of paper, one that we share our lives with, our independence, our freedom, and our bondage. And that other side of paper, is what keeps us sane.

------------------
"And the day came, where the risk to remain tight in a bud, was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

[This message has been edited by Rita (edited 07-31-99).]

© Copyright 1999 Rita - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-07-31 01:18 AM

Very true, my friend.

------------------
Shall I indulge in flights of fancy hampered by clipped wings?
DreamEvil©

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
2 posted 1999-07-31 10:21 AM

So true.....I found when I did not write for fear of having to deal with the feelings......I didn't deal with anything. I existed, not lived. It feels so good to live again, to write my emotions down on paper, to wash my slate clean with my words.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » The other side of paper

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary