navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Innocent Lives
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Innocent Lives Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lil Angel
since 1999-07-03
Posts 21

0 posted 1999-07-06 12:21 PM

Little lives taken away, babies gone and there was nothing they could say.Fear they felt and pain inside for they didn't know why someone would want to take their lives.Here but a short time, done nothing wrong commited no crime.Trying their best to stay alive because for some heartless reason nobody seems to care if they die.Struggling to see where all the care has gone,fighting to understand where things went wrong.Wanting to breath yet another day but not sure they will without it being taken away.No understanding for what they're put through,answer this question for me how much harm can an innocent child possibly do you?Stop and look into their eyes,then you will finally hear the baby cry.
© Copyright 1999 Lil Angel - All Rights Reserved
Enrique
since 1999-07-04
Posts 52
San Juan, PR
1 posted 1999-07-06 12:27 PM

Very touching...Would love to read more.
Lil Angel
since 1999-07-03
Posts 21

2 posted 1999-07-06 12:30 PM

well thank you...nothing compared to your poetry....
Genea
since 1999-06-15
Posts 321
USA
3 posted 1999-07-06 09:40 AM

is this about abortion? or refugee children? You make a good point, either way.

One suggestion, maybe it is just me, but i find it hard to read a poem that is written in a paragraph....it would flow better for the reader if it was written out 'vertically'

Example:
Little lives taken away,
Babies gone and there was nothing they could say.
etc.

You can decide where to put the breaks.

~Genea

Lil Angel
since 1999-07-03
Posts 21

4 posted 1999-07-06 11:59 PM

I will try to write my poems the way you said...itz about sorta both...abortion and refugee children...hope that makes sense...thanks for replying to my poem...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Innocent Lives

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary