navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Starting a new forum...
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Starting a new forum... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
amigo
since 2001-10-12
Posts 520
the earth school

0 posted 2001-12-19 06:42 PM

First off, i would like to thank you, Ron, and
all the moderators for the great work that you're doing...creating & managing a home for all to come and share our feelings. I love it.

I have been almost a daily visitor to the site, reading & enjoying.  My request for a new forum is for newcomers (like me), who are trying their hand at writing and want some feedback/suggestions from some 'seniors', along with the encouragement that we sometimes may get at open forums. I know this puts a stress on time etc., but may be a limit on submission to this new forum could be set.  This, I feel, would definitely give some direction to move ahead/improve our writing etc.,(This i notice may not always be happening for posts at 'Critical analysis')... Hope i'm not asking too much....

Hey, thanks a lot for reading...

© Copyright 2001 amigo - All Rights Reserved
RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
1 posted 2001-12-19 10:18 PM

Hey there! I think that is a very good idea, and I will volunteer to help out or moderate the forum if it happens! : )
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
2 posted 2001-12-20 08:46 AM

We already got one just for that purpose (amid other purposes), amigo: Poetry Workshop. In that dusty place you can find scads of learning materials regarding poetry styles and formats, examples, and assignments to improve poetry writing. Check it out...and see if it fits what you need. Be sure to drop a line by Nan if you need any assistance. She's the wonderful moderator of that forum.

Alicat

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2001-12-20 01:23 PM

Catching the line here...

Alicat's programmed to say all those good things, of course...

Feel free to drop in, my friend, amigo, redundancy here...

Um.. Persnikitty... DUSTY, you say?..

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2001-12-20 02:16 PM

Don't forget that a lot of our members are not comfortable critiquing anyone...or being critiqued. If you'd like, I will give you my honest (but gentle) critique when I read your work.
amigo
since 2001-10-12
Posts 520
the earth school
5 posted 2001-12-20 05:33 PM

thank you for all your responses....

RosePetal - forum or (if) no forum, i appreciate if you would critique any of posts...

Alicat - i will surely check this out...once i did visit the place, but felt it was quite a challenging case (double sestina...etc).

Nan - nice to meet you, teach Nan...i'll drop in soon...i liked your smilies... & you heard DUSTY, ha...don't worry, i am here for your

Sharon - that's the reason i thought of a new forum...for people who want to be critiqued and for those who want to critique...you're right..honest and gentle...
my posts are open anytime for you...

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

6 posted 2001-12-31 03:43 PM

HI, I'm floria and I also am fairly new to this wonderful site. I love it here, It feels just like home, the people are so kind. I love feedback. And sometimes I will post a poem and one or two people read it and I dont get the help I need. I dont know what that means. Does it mean they dont like the poem and just arent interested? or do they think the poem is ok as is? I wish there was more reply. I love amigo's idea. Some poets are very unsure of their work, especially new ones. I have posted a poem, in critical."Searching for the light" and I am dying for some help, and can't get it. Any suggestions? I would appreciate any feedback. By the way. I do belong to other forums, this is the best by far. Floria
RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
7 posted 2001-12-31 10:23 PM

Hey Floria! It is so good to see you enjoying it around here! From now on when I read your poems, I will try to give you the best critique that I can! Happy New Year!!

RosePetal

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Starting a new forum...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary