navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » . . . The object of my acrostic
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic . . . The object of my acrostic Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Interloper
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart

0 posted 2000-12-01 06:33 PM

It seemed like I could do or write nothing that wouldn't cause this woman, hurt in her first marriage, to turn chicken.  so, when on that 1500 mile trip, I wrote this:
===========================================

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.  If that truly be the case then I am in deep trouble.  If my heart has indeed grown fonder, and it has, how in the name of Romeo and Juliet can I write to you and convey those feelings?  I cannot!

The scene that plays through my mind is one where I have written my feelings, either in poetry or prose, and you are immediately transformed into this feathered being covered from head to foot, including your ears and soles (a Rhode Island Red?).   A heavy shell startlingly appears like the deflector shields aboard the USS Enterprise, and an impenetrable brick wall is being built on the other side faster than the eye can see or the mind imagine.  And, to top it off, you have magically acquired, upon your feathered feet, the fastest pair of Nike running shoes ever known to exist.  Then, like a streak of greased lightning -- no, more like the Enterprise going into warp speed -- you have left my galaxy for some alien planet where people (?) do not convey feelings and have no notion of the word romance.

Well, I put on my Brooks running shoes and attempt to give chase but, alas, I am no match for your blinding speed.  Stopping on the nearest asteroid, I sit to ponder my situation and wonder how, in the name of Captain James T. Kirk, am I going to go where no man has gone before?  At that very moment I have a BFO
(blinding flash of the obvious) and I realize that I have been having a nightmare and the answer is simply for me to awaken.  Well, how in the name of Rip Van Winkle can I wake up when I am only pondering the consequences of putting my feelings down on paper without turning you into the next NASA intergalactic probe?  Now, I've heard of catch 22's before, but this is one for Ripley!

I wonder what Don Juan or Casanova would have done in a case like this?   They probably would take you into their arms (now you've got two more of 'em after you), make mad, passionate love to you, and tell you how their hearts are filled with adoration for you (I certainly hope you can understand Spanish and French),  lift you over their shoulders, leap off the balcony, and  carry you into the sunrise.  I thought about doing just that except 1) I don't speak Spanish or French, 2) I'd look silly in the clothing of the period, 3) I can't find a   balcony anywhere that I wouldn't break my leg (or neck) if I jumped from it, and 4) I have become so tired just thinking of the consequences that I find it difficult to raise my head let alone carry you into the sunrise (besides, I can't get you to stay up that long -- and if I could,  where can you rent a horse around here?).

Well, I'll tell ya', I feel just like a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs -- no matter where I go or what I do it's going to hurt.  My only real consolation is that you are due back today and I hope you take pity on this poor ole boy and put me out of my misery by looking me right smack dab in the eyes and saying, "Honey, it sure is good to see you again.  Come over here and kiss me or lose me forever".  With any luck I won't trip over the shoe laces on my Brooks when I speedily attempt to comply with your (my) wishes.

Live for love. Without love, you don't live.

© Copyright 2000 The Tall Texan aka Doctor Love - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2000-12-01 06:39 PM

*giggling with the greatest delight* this is too too wonderful. I love it, I love it. Much love to and yours from me. Carry on, sweet man, your love is wonderful for me to read about.

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://path2riches.com

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2000-12-02 10:31 AM

Sir...before she gets to the door, make sure those shoelaces are tied...and once she crosses the threshold, don't even let her unpack her bags, but whisk her up, and allow YOUR dream to come true...

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, than speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida
3 posted 2000-12-02 12:38 PM

She'd be crazy not to follow you anywhere! Good luck, I'm pulling for you...
Great read!

Interloper
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
4 posted 2000-12-04 11:28 AM

Startime~
*sigh* thanks loads.

Sunshine~
Now, why didn't I think of that  

Debbie~
My first time to hear from you.  Thank you.

I don't normally write much prose.  This was moved from Open Poetry by one of the "guardians."

Live for love. Without love, you don't live.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » . . . The object of my acrostic

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary