navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Misery of Write
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Misery of Write Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2000-11-02 03:50 PM

The Misery of Write

I do not like to argue, bicker, engage in a row, or squabble.  I do not care to be contentious.  I dislike disagreeing, quarrelling, or to partake in a dispute.  As it is, and even though I am employed in the field of law, I leave all of the above to counselors of legalese.  Actually, my position is more of a peacekeeper.  I am the person assigned to guarantee that the attorneys have the ability to take on their argument, bicker in their strategies, to be contentious in the correct arena, and disagree with how the law is read from the books.  All of that, I can do.

What I seem to fail at, and succeed wonderfully in my miserable failing, however, is to engage in a conversation of why I want, need, desire, and long for the ability and time to write.  I literally experience a craving to hold a pen before a blank sheet of paper, and revel, nay, bask in the glaring light of the blankest of screens that faces me, taking on the challenge to fill that void with a word, strung with one other word, ad nauseum, that will change the direction of a heart, or a mind. And when the time comes for me to face someone who asks me “why?” I fall despondently short in my vocabulary to explain to them this need!

There are some days, if given my druthers, I could do without food, drink, and even restroom breaks (no food, no drink, no need!)  I would sleep only for a cat’s moment, in order to awake again to breathe this breath of ink to paper, to gush forth with this outpouring of word and emotion to see if just once I could make someone shed a tear over just the process of imagination!

But I suppose even as I fail to argue well the point of this need, this burning desire, I thus let myself falter.  If one does not feel the desire, one simply does not understand.  And this burning desire to write such that I would make this person who does not understand, comprehend all that comes naturally and rapidly to me, continues to plague me, and the flame smolders on.

I recently pondered, albeit briefly, the thought of letting this writing experience just lie fallow.  “Let it go,” I thought.  “What does it matter, anyway?  Who would care if the writing just ceased from this pen, this keyboard, this mind of mine?”

And with that thought, I died (for a brief moment.)  I beheld in my heart a drowning experience, a loss the magnitude of which that only a true death of a loved one would be, could be the very example I might set forth to allow, so that you may understand, the demise of that very desire, alone.  And at the moment I bore that thought, and at once felt that I could not breath again, I knew, in my heart of hearts, in my inkwell of blood, that I would continue to write.

Even if it becomes a simple shopping list.

< !signature-->

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...KRJ

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (edited 11-02-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
1 posted 2000-11-03 12:56 PM

We would write our own epitaphs and obituaries before hand if we were able my friend. . .

This is excellent. . . shows just what drives the writer. . . it's a need, a desire. . . a passion. . . it makes us want to write. . . to share. . . well done. . .  

----------------------------------------------------------< !signature-->

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

[This message has been edited by Sven (edited 11-03-2000).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2000-11-04 06:56 AM

And who says we cannot write that very thing?  See "Challenges"...LOL...

thanks for reading...

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, then speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Wilfred Yeats
Member Elite
since 2000-08-04
Posts 2704
Wilmington, Delaware
3 posted 2000-11-07 06:57 PM

by my current count today - at this point you're 3 for 3 - batting 1000 as they say.
(wanna see now if you can go 4 for 4   )

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-11-20 02:15 PM

Well Mr. Yeats, I don't know if I can go 4 for 4, but I will certainly try...

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, than speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Misery of Write

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary