navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Since You've Said So....[to those who are told "not" to write]
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Since You've Said So....[to those who are told "not" to write] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2000-10-24 12:02 PM

Since You’ve Said So….

I cannot write prose, this I know.  There are some who can take an inspiration and weave it majestically, rhythmically, magically, round and round, leading the reader on to various thrills of excitement, or lending and wending its way to an artistry like none other, one that will transport the reader into and within a world and plane very much all of their own, just as if…they thought of this place themselves, where the privacy of the moment is theirs…alone.

I cannot write this way.

I do believe it is because I have blinders on.  Blinders make it terribly hard to ramble around and look inside one’s self…these blinders are my curse.  I’ve been told I wear blinders, I get geared up and toward one ideal…oh yes, that’s another of my problems, having ideals.

Not ideas.  

Sometimes I don’t think I wear blinders, because too many interruptions work their way into the mainstream of my head, and perhaps THAT is why I cannot write prose, for I really don’t wear blinders, but instead, lose focus on the big picture.  Oh yes, I cannot write prose because it is too hard on the feelings.  You see I sometimes let my feelings get in the way.

And well then, there is that:  “feelings.”  How can I best describe what is going on inside me so that you experience it?  What verbiage can I write to expound as justification these emotions, so that you know, first hand, first blush, first glance, the joy, or pain, the tears, or remorse, which I undergo?  What line of reasoning would best work to make your guts twist, as if it were you who were told “you’re words are meaningless.”  

Or what if, just once, I could portray to you the ultimate sensation of dancing in one’s arms, and knowing that this, this then is where one should be, the ultimate gliding and giddy sensation of floating and knowing that this person is, now, the true love of your heart, the one from which all joy and all love will emanate from, the very one with which all of your most sensual moments will be shared.  How can I illuminate the face that gazes into the visage of the one who has your heart?

Of course there is the very opposite, the time when you will miss a writing, a telling, about the heartache caused by the grief of a lost love, gone by way of oppression, the absolute wrench of something that could have been largely wonderful and giving, and instead, that which is now the epitome of all the very darkest days, wherein no light will ever again reach, and the depressed emotions which have been ravaged shall flood my soul.

For…

in all of the blankness of a page, all of the words laid before me in dictionaries and Thesauruses, all of the magazines and books and computer links, for all of these words, I cannot sometimes say out loud what I can do best on paper, at least, for me…when I try to not write prose.

Hmmm.  I’m confused now.  Where did this all start?  Oh yes, I was told to “quit doing this”, but you know, that’s difficult.  Even if I don’t do it the proper way.

So, I guess I will just have to go back to being the Lady in Red.  Awaiting the blind man, who cannot read the words.  And perhaps, someday, he will treat me like the Woman in White.  

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...KRJ

© Copyright 2000 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
1 posted 2000-10-24 01:27 PM

You are closer than you think.
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2000-10-24 07:10 PM

Very interesting, contemplative, even..
Glad I stopped over to this area for a visit.
Sandra

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
3 posted 2000-10-24 08:46 PM

Karilea,
        I know that he's sitting in that museum right now. . .waiting for you. . .

Excellent. . . excellent. . .

-----------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2000-10-25 05:37 PM

Anyone who said you cannot write prose is wrong m'lady - I have enjoyed every piece you put in here. You just have to deal with that, since I am, after all, the authority!  

C

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2000-10-26 03:56 PM

Merlynh...how close? {Thanks!}

Cat...certainly, contemplative...thank you!

Sven...and it's not even Monday!...thank you!

Christopher...only one...that's why I try so hard...{~,^}...thanks!

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Since You've Said So....[to those who are told "not" to write]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary