navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Saying Goodbye (prologue)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Saying Goodbye (prologue) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...

0 posted 2000-09-29 01:33 AM

The room was dark as he silently opened the door and slipped in.  She had been crying all night.  He had sat in the darkness of the living room, staring at the wall listening to her quiet sobs, not knowing what to do.  He knew he should go up and comfort her.  But what could he say?  There was nothing that could make what he’d done any better.  Nothing that would make her pain go away.  And that was the only thing that mattered to him anymore…taking away her pain.  The pain that he had caused.
He sat down quietly in a chair next to her bed.
“Darling?” he said, the words barely audible in the stillness of the room.  “Are you still awake?”
There was no reply.  He sighed to himself and ran a hand through his hair.
“Darling I’m so sorry.  And I know that there is no excuse for what I did…I just…I don’t know anything any more sweet heart.  I don’t know where I’m going with my life.  I need you to understand.  I need you to know why I haven’t been there for you.  Why I couldn’t be all you needed me to be,” still there was no reply.  “But I’m trying.  That’s all I can so sweet heart, try.  And I’m going to do all I can to be there for you.  To be there with you.  I guess I just want to tell you now.  I want to tell you that I love you, and I always have and I always will.  No matter what I do, or where I go, I will always love you.”
He sunk back down in his seat.  This was the hardest thing he’d ever had to do in his entire life.  He thought saying goodbye to her would be easier than this.  
“But I have to go away.”
The bed by his side remained still.  Some time, when he had been trying to collect his thoughts in the comfort of the darkness down stairs, she must have drifted off.  He closed his eyes and pictured her smiling face.  Her bright eyes that sparkled in the sun, her soft blonde hair and her musical laugh.  That laugh could waken even a man who had dead inside for a long time.
He opened his eyes and stood up.  It was time to go.  He would be back, some day he would be back.  He leant over and kissed her lightly on the forehead.  Suddenly a little hand closed around his finger squeezing lightly.  He smiled in the darkness of the room and tucked her arm back around her little pink bear.  The bear he had bought her the day she was born.
“Don’t forget sweetness, daddy loves you.”
He turned around and walked out the door, shutting it gently behind him.  His daughter would never know her mother.  He didn’t know how long it was until she would see him again.  But he would grow up with out knowing her, and that, hurt the most.

[This message has been edited by AngelShell (edited 09-30-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Michelle - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2000-09-29 08:39 AM

I cried. Is there more?
This is a beautiful story!

Kathleen

melroseg
since 2000-09-29
Posts 16

2 posted 2000-09-29 02:19 PM

This is a touching story.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I would love to read more.    Melissa
AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
3 posted 2000-09-30 06:49 AM

Thank you both very much for your comments.  It was only supposed to be a short passage...but I may make it into something a little longer now...
Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there
4 posted 2000-10-05 03:22 AM

Whoa...ah, sorry, i missed this babe, i don't really stop by here anymore...hehe...ah...uh...oh..

This was good, in a good way, but it was also good in a bad way...Don't understand all the things i say? Well, you're not the only one, anyway...

Ah, need sleep.

Yesssss, must get my golum-like hands on the rest of it...yessss....

Spreading insanity, one post at a time

"Way back in eighty-seven, where we bust rockstands till we get to heaven"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-10-29 07:39 PM

A very sad piece. Good work

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2000-11-04 07:02 AM

OK, I read these out of order.  Now they are back in order.  So, more, please?

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, then speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Saying Goodbye (prologue)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary