navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Man in the White Cadillac (an excerpt)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Man in the White Cadillac (an excerpt) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ashley cain
since 2000-05-12
Posts 30
Texas

0 posted 2000-06-16 02:12 PM

Jewel was right.  Fortunately, they had gone for a night drive.  That following morning Vince went to check in the beach cabin and saw them laying together in there bed.  That was three months ago, and Danielle's body had bloomed so much in her pregnancy.  Grey had been sitting on the picnic table thinking about the baby.  He looked up to see Danielle sitting beside him.  "What are you thinking about?" she asked him.  He sighed, "Just thinking about you and what's in your belly. I've always thought that pixies remained pixies until they became pregnant, but you're an exception.  You make other pixies.  Oh, Danielle, why are you having my baby?  You don't deserve this."  Danielle shook her head.  "I'm fine," she said,"You don't need to worry so much."  "You've gotten so big these past few months," he said,"I never imagined that I'd be sitting beside a pregnant woman that was truly mine."  He sat there with a blank appearance on his face.  What was he thinking?
       "I'm not gonna leave you if that's what you think?"
       "I didn't think that. Will you excuse me for a minute?"
     He watched his pixie walk up the stairs and into the cabin.  He smiled for a while about the fact that he might be getting a second chance.  Suddenly, a horrible sound came from inside the cabin.  'Could it be Danny?' Grey asked himself.  For a few minutes he remained there, listening to the horrible sound.  He couldn't take it anymore.  The sound had stabbed straight through the heart of him.  He was determined to rescue the creature from whatever seemed to be such anguish.  When he opened the door, he was frightened to see it was Danielle.  She was lying on the floor trying to deliver what he knew was a child that never got to live life.  "Danielle!" he exclaimed, "Come on!  Let me help you!"  "No Grey," she cried, "You can't see this! Go away!"  Grey began to wail at the sight of the pixie squirming on the floor, trying to rid herself of the evil demon that was inside of her.  Grey had decided to sit in front of her to help her push.  "Danny," he whispered,"You can do this."  There wasn't much to say to her as she moaned and squirmed about to expel the bad seed.  Her body tortured itself mercilessly like some idiotic animal allows an arrow to remain in its body.  As he sat there watching Danielle squirm, it made him realize that it was if everything his mother had ever said or done to him was leaving.  This child was his mother exiting the soul she claimed she had claimed.  With one last strain, Danielle managed to release the child from her body, and then turned on her side.  Grey was a bit amused by her action, but he must ask what should be done about the child.  "Dan," he whispered,"What are we gonna do with it?"
         "What?"
         "You heard me! What are we gonna do with it?"
         "I don't know Grey. Let's-"
    The door opened.  Right in front of them stood Vince SeCleese.  He didn't notice the malformed body until he got closer to Grey, and saw him still as stone. "Grey," he said with a grimace," What happened here, man?"  There was silence from Grey.  An awful, noisy quiet was born.  It's name was death, and it owned no last name.  Even though there were two last names, but it's illegitimacy denied that privalege.  "I say we bury the child and tell no one," Danielle said.  Vince gave her a hard look, "So, we bury this bastard and tell no one?"  She was slowly sitting up from the cold floor as she spoke,"I believe, Vince that we bury this child and tell no one.  There is no bastard in this room but you."  Grey was amused by Danielle's spunk.  "When should we do this?"  "At night," Danielle said.

© Copyright 2000 Ashley Cain - All Rights Reserved
haze
since 1999-11-03
Posts 528
Bethlehem, PA USA
1 posted 2000-06-16 10:12 PM

This is a very intriguing work.
I'm a little confused though.
Is this carved out of the middle?
There seem to be a lot of people involed here but i'm not sure who they are.
does the explanation unfold later?
I'd really like to know-there's lots of threads-so...
more please...

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2000-06-18 04:12 PM

Welcome to Passions In Prose!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Man in the White Cadillac (an excerpt)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary