navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Song of Her Reflection
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Song of Her Reflection Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments

0 posted 2000-06-10 12:19 PM

The silver tinged mirror was placed upon the far wall of the shadowed room, it’s intricate rose
frame glimmering gently with the sunset’s light.  A blurry figure walked slowly towards it, lifting
her  head only when in front of the once cherished antique. The first thing noticeable was the
woman’s hair, glowing with a golden light from the dying rays of sunshine.  It drifted about her
face, curling just below her slightly rounded jawline.  With a trembling hand she ran her fingers
through it as if she had never noticed it’s being there before.  

Next the silent woman noticed the lips reflecting back at her.  They were lush and full with a rosy pink hue.  She saw that a slight smile seemed to always rest upon them, no matter how
darkened her spirit would become.  The woman’s skin was pale, but not necessarily in a sickly
way.  It possessed a certain light as if the glitter of her soul had surfaced to rest upon her body.
The tiny smile upon her lips brightened a bit as she considered the idea of her soul glittering like
the very heavens that shone above her.

Her eyes were a soft forest green, which some refered to as possessing an emerald-like
quality.  They held a wisdom far above what her travels in life had brought to her.  The flush of
youth still held her body and yet the mysteries of eternity seemed locked with in her, visible only
through those jade orbs.  Sorrow was poignant somewhere deep within them, but strength and
love usually had the ability to overpower the blackness of her being.  But even the greatest of joy could not fully erase the sadness within her eyes.  

The woman stepped back from the ageless looking glass for a moment and turned to face
the charcoal shadows wafting about her.  The whispers of her demons were woven within the
whispy black, beckoning her to drown within herself and join them in their earthly Hell.  A deluge
of glimmering teardrops flooded over her eyes and fell down to the dust saturated ground as she
listened to their words slice into her heart.  

“Worthless, unwilling, unable, a failure”...each phrase was thrown at her like stones meant to rip the life out of her shivering body.  The woman wanted nothing more than to simply fall into silence and escape the voices echoing the truths of who she was.  But something planted deep
within her made her raise her head to look into the shining silver mirror once more.  

A mist of creamy white encircled her tearstained features as the woman gazed within the
beautiful antique once more.  The reflection looking back at her sang gently, offering no darkness,
only the real truths of who she was.  Imperfect, yes, but possessing light, laughter, wisdom, joy,
and most of all, love.  And that always had and always would be able to be enough.  Even if no
one else appreciated what laid within her, she could.  

The whispers of her demons faded, leaving only traces of the torture once present.  The
dark shadows about her receded, letting the brilliant light of Heaven and Earth shine upon her
weary soul.  The woman, although still possessing remnants of sorrow, found herself able to raise
her pale arms, lift her emerald eyes towards the sky, and dance to the song of her reflection.  

This is written about myself, which I'm sure some of you would know who know my physical description.  This is kind of my intrepretation of the journey I had to take to learn to accept who I was.  

< !signature-->

*Krista Knutson*

"Thought is real, physical is the illusion..." Albert from ~What Dreams May Come~

[This message has been edited by Alwye (edited 06-10-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Krista Botterill - All Rights Reserved
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
1 posted 2000-06-10 12:48 PM

The song of her reflection indeed... That journey for self is the hardest.. I think I've found myself, and then that hope is shattered and then ya just don't know anymore.. *ahem* excuse that little rant, lol.  Wonderful writing as always, my dear.  I'm glad this soul search was healing  

Abrahm Simons

"In a moment lies eternity
And in a kiss resides forever" - Krista Knutson my bestest friend!

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
2 posted 2000-06-10 02:19 PM

Hey Krissa~

I'm glad you found yourself.  At least one of us has!  Keep up writing for prose.  I enjoy your stories.  (hint hint)

"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying."
Harry Anderson, "Night Court"

*Cassandra Roseen*

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
3 posted 2000-06-11 10:09 PM

Dusk- yes, the journey to find yourself is a hard one.  Thanks for your reply sweetie, I appreciate it greatly.  

Dawn- Thank ya dearie.  Keep that chin of yours up, you'll find yourself.  Just keep trying, never ever give up.  lol, write more stories, eh?  I'll see what I can do for ya....

*Krista Knutson*

"Thought is real, physical is the illusion..." Albert from ~What Dreams May Come~

Ruby dagger
since 1999-08-01
Posts 76
Wyoming, MN, U.S.A
4 posted 2000-06-11 10:45 PM

This was very well written. I agree with Cassie that you need to write more stories. Hopefully we all will be able to find ourself as you have.

Luv

Kelly

"If we Shadows have offened,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here,
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yeilding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend;
If you pardon, we will mend.
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to scape the serpent's toungue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call:
So good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends."

-William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream,
Act V,1

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

5 posted 2000-06-12 01:43 AM

WOW Krista, this is wonderful writing here and the imagery is fantastic. Well done!  
enjoyed it muchly  

Je t'aime plus qu'hier et moins que demain."
I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow
(unkown)

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
6 posted 2000-06-13 04:05 PM

Krista, your words once again paint a beautiful picture of a difficult journey. As always, it was great and I enjoyed it very much.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

7 posted 2000-06-14 01:49 PM

Krista, this is a beautiful discription of a beautiful person. I'm glad that you came through your journey well.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
8 posted 2000-06-19 01:47 AM

Hi Krista~

Well lady, you've done it again... I remember talking about demons with you. I KNOW demons. I know how they can eat away at your soul. I know this and yet I also know the flip side.

The side you seem to have found.

Krist, I want to say this is an amazingly creative way to abandon the shell you've had around your heart. Amazing! Smiles here!

Chris

Gemini
since 1999-12-15
Posts 1203
Wisconsin, USA
9 posted 2000-06-21 10:20 PM

This is absolutely beautiful, it is so difficult to go that journey of acceptance of self, but once there, life can be sublime.
Silkdragon
since 2000-06-24
Posts 65

10 posted 2000-06-26 01:10 AM

Krista,
Boy....  You're lucky you know yourself so well.  It's a good thing, and I'm glad that you've made it there.  Your writing, as always, impresses greatly. I love your imagery.

Erin

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Song of Her Reflection

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary