navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Response To Christopher's Challenge
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Response To Christopher's Challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments

0 posted 2000-05-20 11:53 PM

I remember the days like they occurred just yesterday.  I was in eighth grade when my best friend
and I drifted apart.  She had been my only real connection to the social world and when our
differences became too great, I fell into the shadows completely.  The darkness engulfed me to the
point where I had no desire for the sun to rise every morning nor any faith in life or love.  

My already heavy weight increased and thoughts of suicide were very vivid within my
mind.  I could not bare the loneliness, the feeling of worthlessness any longer.  Just when I
thought that nothing could change the path I was on, something did.  Or rather, someone.  She
was a rather quiet girl, but had a bright smile and a fun loving personality.  She and I became fast
friends and with her wild uniqueness, she taught me to open up and be myself.  Erin was my first
real friend who didn’t try to make me into something that I wasn’t.  

She introduced me to a variety of people with whom I also became great friends with.
I’ve always said that we became friends because we were the rejects that everyone else did not
want.  Once our odd collective of people bonded, I found a place to truly belong.  I remember
holding hands with them and skipping down the hallway, yelling out insane phrases, going to
movies, and just hanging out.  

The weight that had plagued me began to come off as my confidence increased and by the
beginning of ninth grade, I had lost 45lbs (which I’ve kept off to this very day).  My friends had
given me a new, sunnier outlook on life.  My life took yet another turn for the best somewhere
between February and March of that year.

I started talking online to a quiet, rather mysterious guy named Abrahm Simons.  We
became fast friends and would talk for hours about any old thing.  I remember the first
compliment he told me was how beautiful he thought my voice was (he was in my English class).
Our friendship soon blossomed into my first relationship.  Although the relationship only lasted
several months, the friendship we still possess I will cherish forever.  

From those friends, my relationship with Abrahm, and my last relationship with Jeff Moen,
I have learned so much.  I’ve learned how to be myself, how to believe in love, and how to let it
go.  I can get up, look into the mirror, and like the person I’ve become.  And for that I owe Erin,
Abrahm, Kelly, Jeff, Cassie, Heather, and countless others the world.  I thank you all for
everything you’ve given me.  

*Krista Knutson*

~We are only truly lost when we have lost ourselves~

© Copyright 2000 Krista Botterill - All Rights Reserved
Ruby dagger
since 1999-08-01
Posts 76
Wyoming, MN, U.S.A
1 posted 2000-05-21 12:06 PM

Krista, it makes me so glad to see how happy you are now. But you need not forget that you have helped us too. You have been there as someone to talk to and a shoulder to cry on. For that I an eternally greatful. Thank you.

Luv ya

Kelly

Love breaths when you're out of breath,
Love sits by the bedside when you're near to death,
and Love still feels it when the feelings gone,
Love lives on and on.
Love is the right place. -Bryan White

WolfsMate
since 2000-01-14
Posts 121
New York
2 posted 2000-05-21 12:10 PM

Well done!!!

"You never have to worry...Never fear for I am near"

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
3 posted 2000-05-21 12:09 PM

Krista~~

Well done.     You have grown into a wonderful person, and I will always cherish our friendship.  I'll always be there.  

"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying."
Harry Anderson, "Night Court"

*Cassandra Roseen*

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
4 posted 2000-05-21 12:50 PM

You told me once the extent of the darkness you've borne, I know that myself and others would be living in a darker world if you had not been there.  I'm touched that you wrote of me in this, I'm glad that I can be of some help to such a beautiful soul.

I remember that compliment, I remember your voice (how could I not?).  I was shocked to hear an angel in the classroom, but the voice of your heart and soul is by far more heavenly.

Thank you so much for everything that you've done for me Krista, for the light to my soul, the support and the strength  

Abrahm Simons

"You...
You are so special
You have the talent
To make me feel like Dirt" - Alice in Chains, "Dirt"

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
5 posted 2000-05-21 10:27 PM

Kelly- Thank ya for your reply hon.  You guys are truly my world.   I love ya!

Wolfsmate- Thanks!

Cassers- As I will always be there for you, my friend.  I love ya forever!

Abrahm- Ooh Abe, you're phenomenal, you know that?  Thank you so much for everything you've given me.  I'll love ya forever too!

*Krista Knutson*

~We are only truly lost when we have lost ourselves~

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
6 posted 2000-05-21 11:03 PM

Krista*  I think you are the reason for the phrase "the brightest stars shine though the darkness"  I'm not sure whare I heard that but it makes me think of you.  Thank you for sharing this and yourself with all of us  

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

~Eleanor Roosevelt~

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
7 posted 2000-05-22 04:55 AM

Friendship true, is friendship blessed. I'm glad you've found that Krista, everyone deserves real friends!
Thank you for sharing!
Chris

netswan
since 2000-03-28
Posts 1369
Washington
8 posted 2000-05-22 08:30 PM

How wonderful to have friends and to
see that life is a wonderful thing to enjoy.
This was a sweet story, very touching
and such a great tribute to your friends.

~netswan

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

9 posted 2000-05-22 10:37 PM

you are wise beyond your years my dear and you shine like a celestial star.
wonderful writing from the heart.
these kinds of frienships form and mold us for a lifetime.
thank you for sharing your self with us.
take care, jm

Some things cannot be explained by verses that rhyme,
They are not measured by the commitment of time.
Some emotions run too deep to be described by words,
Forgiveness and understanding-remain the most beautiful words ever heard.
~Janet Marie~

"What the caterpillar calls the end ...
The world calls a butterfly"
~Lao Tze Tao~
~Butterflies are meant to be free~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Response To Christopher's Challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary