navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Spring
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Spring Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
April Resi
since 1999-10-18
Posts 119
Alabama

0 posted 2000-04-01 03:23 AM

There is a pretty little dandelion wriggling in the wind, but a few feet from my little wriggling toes. It seems to be dancing! Maybe in joy because Spring has finally arrived! Maybe just because everything else seems so happy today. That bird above my head seems to be thrilled to see another fine morning, trilling his love song so sweetly. And the dandelion, he's dancing to the melody.

The wind has just stolen some child's joy. It blew the white hair off that Dandelion's head. Poor thing is half-bald.

He doens't seem to mind. He still looks quite content to do his little dance, bald or not.

The sunlight sometimes leaks through the tree limbs hanging above, and it seems like Mr. Dandelion likes that more than anything... basking in the warmth and dancing his little jig.

Oh -- there went another fuzzy tuft of hair. Some little child might have made a wish on that tuft. I guess the wind is in a foul mood today. The children will just have to find one of Mr. Dandelion's brothers. They're all busy doing their little dances, they won't mind.

© Copyright 2000 April - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2000-04-01 04:09 AM

This is neat!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

April Resi
since 1999-10-18
Posts 119
Alabama
2 posted 2000-04-01 04:56 PM

Thanks, ESP! This is my first attempt at prose, so I didn't quite know what to expect. Thank you again!
April

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 posted 2000-04-02 08:58 AM

I liked this April, I did !  
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
4 posted 2000-04-03 04:41 PM

Interesting little story!  I liked how personified the dandelions, having them dance.  Creative!  I enjoyed this  

Abrahm Simons

"...Watching fate as it flows down the path we have chose" - Trent Reznor, "We're in this Together"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Spring

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary