navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Grace Of The Emotion (A response to AngelDust's Essay About Love)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Grace Of The Emotion (A response to AngelDust's Essay About Love) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments

0 posted 2000-03-13 10:01 PM

The iced breath of winter rolled over the barren terrain, it’s touch sending shivers through the
spirits of those crumbled and broken.  The eyes of millions reflected deep pain and the only color
present within their souls was brushed by twisted anger.  They no longer had names, no longer
had identities, no longer knew who they were.  They may appear normal at times, as housewives
or business men, or even perhaps innocent children. But one great thing sets their wandering souls
apart from the rest of us.  The absence of the greatest emotion ever gracing the hearts of man.
Love.
I personally have spent many moments of my life as one of the nameless, as one who had
no real love in her heart.  And to go through any amount of time like that is debilitating.  I used to
try to reach what I wanted, but it was always a feeble and useless attempt.  Most of my younger
childhood years I trudged through with false friendships, chameleon-like identities, doing
whatever it took to fit in.  I’ve seen many people go through what I went through, and it is
heartbreaking to watch them.  The fists of the world beat upon their very essence, while they all
too often stood back and took the blows, not willing to fight back.  
A life void of the aid of love can be nearly impossible to live.  Look at all the abandoned
children, the starving people the world over, the mass murder and genocide taking place
throughout this planet.  And we sit here, in our warm, comfortable houses, seated in front of our
computers, and ignore those who are screaming in pain half a world away.  Can you really say
you’re a good and loving person if you turn your back when you could save someone from the
grasp of death? Without our love to help those in need, their chances at life remain scarce.  
Although the absence of love is one of the most horrid things occurring on this earth, in
the same breath it can be said that the presence of this emotion is one of the most perfect and
beautiful things occurring.  Everything from offering a smile when a friend is down to giving one’s
life in order to let another go on living.  In a sea of dark, scarlet smeared hatred, love is the one
thing that clears the waters.  
When I finally found real friends, I finally found a place to fit in.  For the first time, I had a
group of people that cared about me and loved me, and I cherished them in return.  Even when
the blackness had set upon my soul, a special few of them fought through my self-imposed
shackles and kept me from sinking under.  They dried the tears I’ve cried so often lately, offered
what wisdom they could when I felt there was no hope left, and they continue to support me and
lift me up when I do not have the strength to lift myself.  They haven’t abandoned me, and their
love has been there always.  Love is the one true emotion that can change anything.

-Abrahm, what can I say?  You are a phenomenal friend and you have never given up on
me.  You have understood the darkest depths of my soul and have helped me through in your
kind, gentle way.  In my eyes, you’re one of the greatest friends I’ve ever known.

-Cassie, you’ve been one of my best friends.  I’ve so often brushed you aside, and yet
you’ve never stopped caring.  And I’ll be forever grateful for that.  If it wasn’t for friends as
persistent as you are,  I’d still be lost within myself.  Thank you.

-Jeff, to have you write something like you wrote about love really moved me.  I hope this
gave you some idea as to what I believe love can accomplish.  You’ve been here for me, you’ve
been the one to dry my tears, you’ve been the one to make me believe in myself.  To have your
love is the greatest thing I’ve ever been blessed with.  I thank you for every smile, every hug,
every word you’ve ever given me.  Happy 8 Month Anniversary, my dear.

And everyone else that’s ever touched my life, thank you.  My wish for all of you is that
love shall grace your life forever and that somehow, you will all find the happiness you seek.

*Krista Knutson*

I do this so this world will know that it will not change me....-GB

© Copyright 2000 Krista Botterill - All Rights Reserved
Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
1 posted 2000-03-13 10:14 PM

Krista,

That was a very moving piece.  It especially hit me hard when you started talking about the suffering of people on the other side of the world.  That has always nagged at me, and I have always wanted to do something about that, but I haven't known how.  YOu always seem to know just what hits people, and you use it well.    

Wha... I am the first to respond!  Yahhhooo!  As I replied to Jeffy, I will always treasure our friendship.  I mean, hey, you didn't eat my crayons.     and I just got one thing to say.... you couldn't get rid of me if you tried... I am that stubborn!  Sometimes it ain't a good thing, but hey, that's life.  Thanks for being a bright part of my life in darkness.

Sometimes the most important things can't be seen with the eyes, but are rather felt with the heart.
*Cassie Roseen*

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
2 posted 2000-03-13 11:18 PM

Tis hard for me to think of a worthy answer for such a wonderful piece (had the same troubles with Jeff..) Love is the emotion.  It's a healer, it makes us strong, it helps us pull through the worst and makes the best of times even better.  

*blushes*  Thanks for including me in your list.. What can *I* say?  I'm just glad I'm able to call someone as wonderful as you a friend.  

Abrahm Simons

Put one foot on the path of life and tread the dagger's path betwixt dark and light.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Grace Of The Emotion (A response to AngelDust's Essay About Love)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary