navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Moment in the Life of Joe.
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Moment in the Life of Joe. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AngelDust
since 2000-03-08
Posts 30
Minnesota

0 posted 2000-03-10 11:18 PM

One day, Joe was walking down the street.  It was just getting dark out, and he knew that all the strange people would be out soon.  You see, in the town of Happy Land, all the strange people are forced to stay inside until nighttime, and then they can walk and roam around all the want.  Joe thought that he should pick up the pace, so he can be safely inside by nighttime.  About one block from home, Joe was saw three men walking toward him.  These three men, as Joe could instantly tell, were burnt-out hippies.  One of them had a green shirt that said Save the Trees and the other two had bright tie-dye shirts.  When Joe approached them, one of them started screaming and yelling, “Get them off!  No more spiders!  Not today! AHH!” and he started to rub his arms and legs as if he was trying to brush something off, he then fell to the ground.  The other two looked at him, one started to giggle and the other said, “Dude….” That’s when Joe approached them.  Joe tried to go around them, but they stepped in front of him.  “Dude,” one of them said, “Save the trees!”  Joe, wanting to get home quickly, said, “Look around you!  There’s no tree’s around here to save!  We’re in the middle of a city you washed out 70’s bum!”  “My name’s Homer, and this one’s Geo,” said one of the hippies.  All Joe could do was shake his head.  Geo spoke next, “Dude…  you wanta try some… new stuff?”  Joe, now forgetting about his goal of getting home asks, “What new stuff?  What is ‘new stuff?’”?  All of a suddenly, Geo eye’s rolled back in there sockets, and he fell right over on his back.  He laid there, sending off a low giggle of his own now.  The only person left standing was Homer.  Homer then said, “The new stuff…  this is high quality stuff.”  Joe, realizing that it’s some kind of drug, says sarcastically, “Oh really?”  Homer, now concentration on you alone says, “Yeah…  This is sum’ new stuff that was just invented…  Nitroglycerin and stainless steel.  You smoke it.  And..  uhh…  when you first light it, it gives ya the biggest head rush….  Dude…”  Joe now revolted and with a face of disgust, can only stare at Homer.  “Dude…  watch me…  Its effects are almost instant…” Homer starts to pull out a piece of wet, rolled up paper.  Just as he begins to light it, Joe says “Uhh… I don’t know if that’s a good idea….”  Homer, now angered because Joe interrupted him, says “Dude!  Stop it!  Why don’t you just leave dude…?”  “With Pleasure…” Joe says as he hurries away from him.  Joe runs as fast as he can until he reaches his house.  He runs in, shuts and locks the door.  The next thing Joe heard was a loud “BOOM!” and about 40 seconds saw Homer walking by, his hair standing up on its ends, and his whole body was Black.

The moral of this story:  Don’t take drugs that have just been ‘invented.’  Only go for the classic drugs.

-Angel-

"I'll lay around and wonder why you were always there for me" - Sugar Ray - Someday

© Copyright 2000 Jeff Moen - All Rights Reserved
Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
1 posted 2000-03-10 11:24 PM

Were you eating my crayons again?  LOL... that was a good one, and a great moral.  Very funny, keep up the good work!

Sometimes the most important things can't be seen with the eyes, but are rather felt with the heart.

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
2 posted 2000-03-10 11:44 PM

LOL, you are crazy Jeff man... You have to stick around here and make my life interesting...  Your moral was... interesting, depending upon your personal take, LOL.  Keep it up Jeff man, let's see ya keep your goal!

Abrahm Simons

Put one foot on the path of life and tread the dagger's path betwixt dark and light.

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
3 posted 2000-03-10 11:55 PM

LOL, you, my dear, are completely insane.  But it's awesome.    Great story, very funny, it made this girlfriend of yours laugh, thats for sure.  Keep it up, hon!  

*Krista Knutson*

"Every moment marked with apparitions of your soul...." ~*Sarah McLachlan- Do What You Have To Do*~

AngelDust
since 2000-03-08
Posts 30
Minnesota
4 posted 2000-03-11 11:46 PM

Cassers:  mmm...  Did someone say crayons?  

Abe:  LOL, thanks man.  I think you should've paid close attention to my morel, big guy.  

Krista: If it made you laugh, it was well worth it!

Luv ya all!

-Jeff Moen-

"I'll lay around and wonder why you were always there for me" - Sugar Ray - Someday

Ruby dagger
since 1999-08-01
Posts 76
Wyoming, MN, U.S.A
5 posted 2000-03-12 12:25 PM

Good story Jeff, but one has to wonder where you come up with these ideas. Just make sure little kids don't see that moral.  

Luv ya

Kelly

Love breaths when you're out of breath,
Love sits by the bedside when you're near to death,
and Love still feels it when the feelings gone,
Love lives on and on.
Love is the right place. -Bryan White

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Moment in the Life of Joe.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary