navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » final goodbye, I apologize for the caps
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic final goodbye, I apologize for the caps Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2000-02-11 04:01 PM

AS I SIT HERE IN THE DARK I BEGIN TO SEE YOUR FACE. MY MEMORIES ARE COMING BACK TO ME, I SEE A LIGHT A CAR RIDING UP THE ROAD, I SIT AND PRAY THAT ITS YOU AND YET DEEP IN MY HEART, I KNOW ITS NOT. I NEED TO SEE YOU FOR YOU TO HOLD ME ONCE MORE LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM WE WERE BACK IN EACH OTHERS ARMS
ONE LAST HUG, ONE LAST KISS TO MAKE IT FINAL LAST WORDS? LAST KISS? LAST TYME FOR US TO BE TOGETHER? IS IT REALLY GOING TO BE FINAL THIS TYME? ---I HAVE TO LIVE MY LIFE, I CAN LIVE IT WITH YOU, BUT I DONT NEED YOU TO LIVE.---PAIN IN MY HEART TEARS IN MY EYES I TREMBEL FROM THE COLD IN YOUR HEART WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME? IVE BEEN LEFT BEFORE, ONLY BY YOU. PERFECT COUPLE? WE USED TO BE I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN ONLY TWO MILES SEPARATE US, AND YET WE NEVER SEE EACH OTHER IN THE DARK, I SEE FACES, CARS ON THE ROAD, PAIN, TEARS, LOVE, COMBINED, THEY ALL AD UP TO THE RELATIONSHIP WE HAD

-Thanksgiving, 96

*how was i to kno that today id meet someone like you? how was i to see the light with him in my path and you too far to touch?* -pom16pom-

© Copyright 2000 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
1 posted 2000-02-11 04:40 PM

The last goodbye can definetly be hard, and in most cases we wish it weren't the final.  Good piece of writing.  

In flames I shall not be consumed, but reborn. -- Abrahm Simons

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2000-02-12 08:57 PM

Ikes! I empathize with the feelings here. Letting go can be... almost always is hard to do. Writing it out can help, glad you've chosen that method. Stand strong!
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-02-19 12:28 PM

I've been here! Good piece of writing.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » final goodbye, I apologize for the caps

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary