navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Friend
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL

0 posted 2000-01-30 04:47 PM

The word "friend" is a difficult word to define.  It is more feeling than a word and such feelings are hard indeed to place on paper.
     As pain and sorrow hurt you so shall your friend ache.  Ache moreso in fact, because of the helplessness at seeing your heart in such turmoil.
     A friend is elated with the joy and happiness that you too feel.  A friend sees with your eyes, hears with your ears, understands with your mind and loves with your heart.
     A friend is there to comfort you in time of need.  To console and hurt with you so that you should not bear the pain alone.  A friend experiences your emotions as though your emotions were coming from the very depth of their being.
     Fly high with elation and so shall your friend sprout wings.  Sink low with sorrow and know that you shall not journey the roads of pain alone.  For a friend shall stand by your side throughout the journey.  Picking you up as you stumble, drying your tears as they fall and carrying you upon their shoulders when the burden grows far too heavy.
     The hour of day, the distance of land; these things will not stop a friend from coming if needed.  For they are only small obstacles, to a friend.
     I am your friend.  If ever the need arises, call.  If there were any way possible for me to suffer all the pain and suffering that you shall ever have to experience, I would gladly do so and leave you only with joy.
     Alas, this is impossible.  Therefore I can only share the burden when the roads get rough.  Lean on me, do not fear falling.  I will be there to lift you.
     Friend, you have been there for me, so shall I be there for you.

© Copyright 2000 Kim Soule - All Rights Reserved
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
1 posted 2000-01-31 12:29 PM

Sounds like the friend I have in the Lord.
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
2 posted 2000-01-31 04:25 PM

Ahh, excellent!  I think you've pretty much defined the truest, best friends we can find.  Beautiful, just like the blessing of friendship  

In flames I shall not be consumed, but reborn. -- Abrahm Simons

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2000-02-05 04:07 AM

Welcome to Prose!

Sounds to me like you are a friend definitely worth having!!!

(As a personal note: Good job on ndenting the paragraph start! An excellent way to "set" them off!)

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
4 posted 2000-02-06 09:54 AM

Childomine:

Well written and from the heart.
"Fly high with elation and so shall your friend grow wings," is my favourite line, although the entire piece is excellent.
I even printed this out because I love it so much, thanks for posting.  

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee  

Sasikat
since 2000-02-02
Posts 290
St. Petersburg, FL
5 posted 2000-02-06 11:06 AM

Childomine,

Your work is beautiful.  Reading this makes makes me envision my BEST FRIEND,   for she has the same heart as you!

Geo
since 1999-12-29
Posts 73
Nebraska
6 posted 2000-02-06 07:35 PM

Wish all of my friends fit this bill! I really enjoyed this! Great read!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary