navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Hell Is Only An Unlocked Door Away
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hell Is Only An Unlocked Door Away Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Corey Collier
since 2000-01-13
Posts 17

0 posted 2000-01-13 03:48 AM

Hell Is Only An Unlocked Door Away

Like you, I have had doors shut, leaving the pain and torture behind locked doors.  Sometimes those doors were picked, leaking hell into my eyes.  The harder I try to close them the more pain i am put through.  It is destined that I will be hurt again.  I wear a mask. One so bright and happy looking, that no one dares to look past it.  It is so hideous, hurt, scared and tortured that it would even make GOD cry.  He is the only one besides myself that knows the pain and torture this frail and weakened body has been dealt.  I'm tired of the pain, i'm tired of the hurt.  I'm tired of people telling me they love me so much and think they will be with me the rest of their lives and it turning out to be false words.  This is it.  I'm throwing all my cards on the table, a game of chance so to speak.  How simple and easy with the turn of a card, all lifes questions can be told, to be answered so quickly without hesitation.  One door.  One door lies wide open hoping, praying that one day I will find the right one for me.  This torn and broken heart cannot and will not be hurt again.  I am scared, scared of losing another to those 3 words ( i love you ) that always seem to be false to me.  God has a certain path we are supposed to travel.  The right on for all of us is destined to be.  I have thought of others that my travel had ended and i was complete.  I was wrong.  Please God, don't let me be wrong again....

© Copyright 2000 Corey Collier - All Rights Reserved
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-01-17 12:20 PM

I have travelled the same path as you have. I have felt the pain and lived the torment. I have come to realize that we must be complete in ourselves before we can find one to walk with us. We must also realize that love is something that grows with time and not given as freely as the words have been.

Welcome to Passions. I have to apologize for my late reply to this piece. I read another work of yours before this one. I would suggest posting fewer pieces all at once in order for us to be able to read and reply to them. Time constraints run rampant on the board but we do try.

Again welcome.  

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
2 posted 2000-01-17 11:47 AM

Welcome to Passions Corey....
I enjoyed reading your piece...thank you for sharing....

A soul that writes from the heart and shares it, truly gives a gift extraordinaire!
Shannon

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2000-01-19 04:20 AM

Welcome to Passions!
I wish you didn't have to join us with a heavy heart, but be certain that you are welcoe here. Look around, many of us empathize with the pain and betrayal you feel. Reach out, someone is sure to take your hand here!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Hell Is Only An Unlocked Door Away

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary