navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Snowbound
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Snowbound Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Deep Blue Me
since 1999-11-04
Posts 396
By a big lake

0 posted 1999-11-28 12:44 PM

A biting, wintry wind pushed through the door ahead of me as I brought in the last armful of firewood. I saw you shiver as the icy blast reached your tiny feet and tried to climb up your legs past your robe's hem. I shoved the heavy door closed and dropped the bar into place to keep out Winter's growing wrath. I stacked the logs in the corner with the others, and saw that there's nearly a full face-cord inside now. Enough.
Old Sol hasn't shown his face in three days. This morning , when the snow had stopped briefly, I decided to split some more of the logs felled last season. Just in case. The weather on this mountain was unpredictable at best, and if we had to sit out another ten day storm like last year, I wanted to be prepared. We were well stocked as far as food, and water was a bucket of snow away. The little cabin was well built but I knew I'd be pushing the white stuff off the roof several times to prevent it from being damaged by the weight.
I peered out the window at the scene layed out below me. A glorious ivory sculpture. The now frozen lake surrounded by century old pines, and our path, now hidden beneath the quickly building layers of crystallized perfection. I could tell now looking at the deep grey of the clouds, that I was right in preparing. It would be a long time before we would be able to leave our home.
As I turned away from the scene, I caught sight of you pouring us some of your herbal mint tea. " Just the ticket to warm me up," I say as I shrug off my thick woolen barn coat. It was a gift from you after last year, when I got held up in the pass and had to find whatever shelter I could just to survive. You worried so, and purchased the coat for me, in case it ever was to happen again. You bought it not only for it's warmth but because it had deep pockets. So I wouldn't lose all my "little boy stuff," as you like to call it.
I step on the boot-jack to free my cold- numbed feet from the ice blocks my wellingtons became after unintentionally wading through the stream nearby on my way home. Balancing like a wounded stork, I struggle with the left one, and I can hear your wonderful, giggling merriment at my predicament. I can only smile though, because I am in love with that laugh, and the small woman from which it issues. I remove the rest of my snow soaked garments and hang them over the rough hewn beam near the door to dry out. You slip up behind me and I feel your gentle warm arms encircling me from behind as your loving hands slide over my still too cold skin. They feel so wonderful...as always, and I close my eyes to soak in the luxuriousness of your touch. Warm and tender, knowing just how to reach me.
"Are you too tired for me, lumberjack?" you ask, with another laugh. This one more throaty and full of intentions. I reply with a flash of my steel blue eyes and the eagerness of my kisses. "Come, lay with me," you say, as you lead me to the bearskin rug in front of the blazing hearth. You drop the heavy robe past your shoulders and I see that you have been lying in wait for me all day. A beautiful dark-eyed spider to my frozen fly. You're in black, and against your olive hued complexion and with the fire's reflection in those deep liquid eyes, I am rapt, unable to move. Your womanly charms grip me tight. I drop to my knees in front of you then, and you move to me slowly, languidly, smoothly sliding down my chest like a hot-flash slow-motion avalanche. We lose ourselves in this moment. It is so familiar, but never the same...
The tea has grown cold and the fire burns much lower by the time we become aware of anything but each other. I move to stoke the coals, but you pull me into you again, and the fire is easily forgotten. The passion is all we know, and we succumb once more to each other's needs.
It will be a long time before we will be able to leave our home...
But I don't think that matters to us at all.

[This message has been edited by Deep Blue Me (edited 11-29-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Deep Blue Me (edited 11-30-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Deep Blue Me - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 1999-11-28 01:05 AM

WOW!
Starting out, I was shivering with the cold, but now that it's over...WOW!!!

Deep Blue Me
since 1999-11-04
Posts 396
By a big lake
2 posted 1999-11-29 10:14 AM

Kinda warms your........heart, doesn't it? LOL!!!!

DB

------------------
Motel, money, murder, madness.
Let's change the mood from glad to sadness...
===MOJO===

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
3 posted 1999-11-29 04:20 PM

Nice read, passionately wrote. Life in the mountains that's for sure. It's where I live.
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
4 posted 1999-11-29 05:28 PM

From winter chill to heat... hehe, I like it DB! Very cool (At first)! A good read, makes me wish I had a cabin in the mountains Thanks for sharing

------------------
"Human pride sings a vengeful song, inspired by the times you've been walked on" - Creed - "What If"

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 1999-11-30 06:06 PM

From frigid to fire! I really enjoyed this DB, a good enjoyable read with great descriptions!!

------------------
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there IS to celebrate.
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
6 posted 1999-12-01 08:57 PM

So desriptive and sensual David....from the barncoat& Wellingtons to the throaty voice
You outdid yourself in this one

jenny Lee

------------------
Love is an attempt at penetrating another being,But it can only succeed if the surrender is mutual.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Snowbound

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary