navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I am tired (Rant)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I am tired (Rant) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 1999-11-11 08:36 PM

I am sorry about this but I had to get it out some place.

I am tired, so very tired. Tired for people not hearing my words when I speak. People trying to manipulate my thoughts and feelings. I am tired for struggling through and being pushed aside for an ideal that isn't really the truth. LISTEN TO ME! really hear what I am saying. Don't just pretend to listen and then put your own hopes into my words. How many times do I have to repeat the same thoughts but in different words? I have no more words let and I hate to repeat myself.

I am honest and straight to the point, difficult to misunderstand. They still do, I try to make myself clear but they hear what they want to and discard the rest. I am tired of being pushed in the direction they want me to go. I am tired of digging my heals in and saying no. I am tired of trying not to hurt their feelings. I am just tired.

© Copyright 1999 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
1 posted 1999-11-11 10:04 PM

Marilyn, I am here to listen if you need to talk, and I will not put my own feelings into your words, because I know how ANNOYING that can be, and hurtful when it comes from someone you trust to listen to you.

------------------
Thinking is just what a great many people think they are doing when they are merely rearranging their predjudices.

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
2 posted 1999-11-12 02:58 PM

This is a wonderful Rant Marilyn...I too
have felt this way. Thank-You for putting it in to words for me!!!

Jenny Lee

------------------
Love is an attempt at penetrating another being,But it can only succeed if the surrender is mutual.

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 1999-11-12 04:22 PM

Amy...thanks for your comments..but I just needed to vent. This about a specific incident that has been going on in my life. I have delt with it now. I just needed to let off some steam here...lol. Thanks for the concern and if I catch you on line I will tell you about it.

Jen....You are most welcome. It feels good to know others have delt with this issue.

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
4 posted 1999-11-13 03:07 AM

Sha-boom-la-boom
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 1999-11-16 01:05 AM

Oh dear soul sister, I know EXACTLY how you feel, I have been there myself many a time. It's like I'm sick of always being the good samaritan etc. You should've sent me an email, if you were down about this, you naughty girl!! Please do so in the future Maz!!! Good on you for ranting and I hope you feel better for it (HUGS)

------------------
Through poetry my heart and soul truly sing...
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
6 posted 1999-11-16 01:49 AM

Do you hear somebody speaking???

Just teasing Marilyn. Actually you'll get an amen from me on that one. It is one of my biggest complaints in life. Though I say people listen but do not "HEAR."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I am tired (Rant)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary