navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » For Marilyn
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic For Marilyn Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 1999-11-04 05:51 PM

She needed a little walk along the beach. A few moments for herself. Her husband was watching their son, so she knew they would be ok with each other for an hour or so. She wanted to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the beach and refresh herself.
She headed South along the beach. Listening to the sounds all around. Children's squealing and laughter, the seagulls calling to one another in the sky.
She watched a little boy about 4 the age of her own sun. He was playing fetch with his Golden Labrador just up ahead. The boy could barely throw but the ever eager and faithful old Lab would run, fetch and return the stick to his young master. It made her smile just watching.
Further up the beach she noticed a man sitting huddled over in a funny position. Debbie noted it, but thought nothing of it really and continued walking up the beach.
As she got closer she saw the man looked in pain, and he was gasping for air. There were other people around but no-one seemed to be paying him any attention. 'People are so cold and unfeeling these days!' Debbie thought to herself. 'Well I am not going to be one of them, I'll see if this man is ok, he doesn't look too good.'
Debbie slowly approached the man, somewhat embarassed. 'Excuse me, are you ok?' Debbie asked the greying man. He looked up at her with a haggard expression and replied, "Not too good I'm afraid I might be having a heart attack or something!' He was grey, with beads of sweat forming on his head, face and chest. His breathing was shallow but rapid, and he was obviously in pain for he was holding his chest.
Debbie glanced around worriedly, it was a long walk to the nearest phone booth. 'I'll try and see those people over there, perhaps one of them has a mobile phone?' Debbie said to the waning man. 'No please don't leave me!' he said most forcibly, 'Stay with me please?' he asked.
Debbie wasn't sure what to do, he needed help so badly, yet it worked him even more with thought that she might leave him. She thought 'If I was this sick and frightened I wouldn't want to be alone either, that too would be my main concern. I shall comfort him for a while at least and see what happens.'
She glanced around at the people nearby and yelled to them, 'This man is having a heart attack, I can't leave him, please someone ring for an ambulance!' They all looked at her stunned for a moment. They had all been having their own fun on the beach and hadn't even noticed him. A young man feeling terribly horrified he had missed noticing or helping the man, said he would go to the phone and call an ambulance. He immediately sprinted off up the beach.
Debbie sat down on the sand and said,'That young man is calling an ambulance it won't be long. Please hold on. Are you comfortable? Lay back against me you should be lying down not sitting like that!'
The man said 'Thaaannnnnnnks,' quite strained, and lay back with his head and back resting on Debbie's chest.
Debbie said, 'Well I think it's time for introductions, don't you? I am Debbie."
The man looked up at her and smiled weakly. 'I am Edward,' he whispered, and with that he lapsed into unconsciousness.

Part 2 to come later today..

------------------
Through poetry my heart and soul truly sing...
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

© Copyright 1999 Isis - All Rights Reserved
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 1999-11-04 09:19 PM

Well sis...I'm going to have to access from work to get part 2. This is good, I am hoping for a happy outcome. *waiting with baited breath*
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 1999-11-05 12:54 PM

Don't know about that but thanks anyway Maz

------------------
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
3 posted 1999-11-05 08:35 AM

Isis...great work , I was glued to every word

Jenny
BTW..this is one of those writings you like to read over and over again !

------------------
Love is an attempt at penetrating another being,But it can only succeed if the surrender is mutual.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 1999-11-05 07:16 PM

Thanks so much Jenny Lee

------------------
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

5 posted 1999-11-06 03:39 AM

OK already part 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
6 posted 1999-11-07 09:55 AM

Sitiing on pins and needles here Isis....going on now to 2......

------------------
A soul that writes from the heart and shares it, truly gives a gift extrordinaire!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » For Marilyn

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary