navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » a sort of tribute
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic a sort of tribute Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us

0 posted 1999-11-01 12:02 PM

i can't really say that i have the right to defend dreamevil, because i haven't read his story, and i don't really know him. that's why i'm writing this in prose. it's not an argument, or an opinion, as i am not justified in making one. it is, however, what i feel compelled to write after reading of all of the response to his contreversial piece.
from the day i first found passions almost two months ago, dreamevil's work caught my eye. he was the first poet that i looked for when i returned. his work has always captivated me and i have never been disappointed by the content, style, mechanics, or message of his writings.
when i first posted on here, he was kind enough to reply. in fact, he has probably replied to every single thing that i've posted in prose. he has always been helpful, polite and in general very disarming and nonoffensive.
while perhaps the subject matter of his poems and prose did offend, i think that his talent and his message were far more important and show what a kind, brilliant soul he must be. i surely can't say that i know him, but i would be honored to.
dreamevil's poems and prose are pioneering. they have made me stop and wonder, think, really ponder not just what he is saying, but what he says about what he is saying. they have always been entertaining, never dull. what he says is always original and obviously well thought out.
in conclusion, i feel an obligation to him, as he has been so kind to me, a complete stranger. he is a talented, talented man, and i hope that in this hard time, people will make him aware of that.

------------------
"Come night, come darkness, for you cannot come too soon or stay too long in such a place as this." Charles Dickens

roxane

© Copyright 1999 roxane - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-11-01 09:19 AM

Roxane this is a truly humbling thing to read. Your faith and regard for one who is essentially a stranger to you is extraordinary. You have also given me a greater compliment in saying my work makes you think as that has always been my primary purpose in writing.

Thank you dear Lady, this does indeed mean much to me.

------------------
Now and forever, my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

[This message has been edited by DreamEvil (edited 11-01-1999).]

Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
2 posted 1999-11-01 08:30 PM

Yes, DE is indeed a talented writer, as well as a good friend.

Speaking of which, Dreamie, I sent you an ICQ url to my piece in CA- being that your specialty is pantoums, could you be kind enough to bless me with your critique?

lol

------------------
Thinking is just what a great many people think they are doing when they are merely rearranging their predjudices.

Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

3 posted 1999-11-06 03:20 AM

I whole heartedly agree!

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » a sort of tribute

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary