navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mind Blankets
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mind Blankets Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sparrow
since 1999-10-22
Posts 33

0 posted 1999-10-25 11:52 PM

Mind Blankets

Planets plucked from youngster's eyebrows. Covers hover over mind states wishing to change into another. School and learning await naps in uncomfortable locations. Duties get forgotten, when skipping school too long. Deadlines and paychecks cease to exist. Dropped, but not failed, before, so I say, but you don't have to believe me. As in bees and such: the study of life, of those lousy beings that call themselves gods. When one is not good enough you replace it, not add to it. Crush the heart, crush the grade, fly away, another day. Win yourself, or stand back and watch, eyes have more fun looking, than looking out. Has the future been written, or was the deed already done when the deed was spoken of? Perhaps just wheels grinding in an unstoppable pattern?
     Covers hover over mind states wishing to change into another, growling incoherently at flythings swimming through the fog of reality. Brisk has drained, leaving only a metal shell. Something broken, or just plausibly so? .drawkcab wolf sretteL smitemoS eifl swolf sdrawkcab. .peelsa llaf I nehT Important one forgotten,like white into the mist, said I. I have for time being past that rest may lie upon my fingertips like a cool winter breeze. Scream on top of ice, with cherries, and a rose without a name called Lily, and little playground bits instilling childhood into full grown adults without their knowing.
     Covers hover over mind states wishing to change into another, which begins to call with such force that eyelids can't help but listen. Day is over, new day will rise, and upon that day, I shall greet you again. Farewell my fair lass, we shall meet in the air one day, hope, I do, that we recognize each other.

------------------
Sparrow Hawk
Jester of http://www.scribedesigns.com/archflambeoth/

© Copyright 1999 sparrow - All Rights Reserved
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
1 posted 1999-10-30 11:45 PM

Makes one busy minded reading this.
And I don't like seeing zero, so I posted a reply.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 1999-10-31 02:40 AM

Your writing style is very interesting!
I think I'll have to read this a few more times to get all of it!

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
3 posted 1999-10-31 07:32 AM

I like very much..nice style!!

Jenny

Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
4 posted 1999-11-01 08:37 PM

I think a song qoute from Offspring says it all:

"Life is like a riddle and I'm really stoned."

That's how I felt reading this one. I must say, I'm sorry that your prose style is just not for me...I have a short attention span unless I really get pulled in...and this really makes me have to try....ok now I'm sounding flaky.....

I know- it makes reading seem mroe of a chore, or a school assignment. JMHO....It doesn't take away from your work...it is just not for me.

------------------
Thinking is just what a great many people think they are doing when they are merely rearranging their predjudices.

sparrow
since 1999-10-22
Posts 33

5 posted 1999-11-02 08:40 AM

This one, style-wise, is more for me than my usual works, as it flows more with how I think than how others read.

If I ever publish it or whatnot I think I will rightways the backwards sentences though.

BTW, I do enjoy making people think, so thank you for all your comments.

------------------
Sparrow Hawk
Jester of http://www.scribedesigns.com/archflambeoth/

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mind Blankets

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary