navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dark Ship Sailing III
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dark Ship Sailing III Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

0 posted 1999-10-25 12:32 PM

A thousand candles lighted the room. A bathe had been drawn, and sat near the brazier. There on the bed was Anna, in a softly flowing gown of pure white silk, her hair hanging around her shoulders. The ethereal beauty, angelic, virginal…and all mine. She looked up at me and smiled. A man could drown in a smile like that. Without a word she came to me, lightly kissed my lips and handed me a glass of wine. I tried to take her in my arms but she bade me nay. And led me to the bath.

Such thoughts ran through my head, tripping over each other. Slowly she undressed me and helped me to the tub. The water was soothing, but not as much as her hands against my skin. Not a word was spoken as she caressed my skin. None were needed. I lay my head against the rim of the tub and let her have her way, occasionally sipping my wine.

I was more tired than I had thought. Colors were deeper, swirling about my head. The scent of the candles stronger, more aromatic. Sounds seem to be intensified, richer, and melodic. I could feel myself slipping into sleep, lulled by the warmth of the water and the touch of her hands.
I must have fallen asleep. My dreams were so vivid! People surrounding me, touching me. Ropes at my hands and wrists. Strange chanting and images so frightening filled my head. I could see Anna at the edges of my dream. A wraith like figure, just observing all that took place. What is happening? A pain so startling, I could feel it unlike anything I've felt before. Sharp, like a razor's slice then the burning. I thrashed, trying to get away from my tormentors, but it was in vain. I could feel my blood slowly slipping from my skin, oozing around the wounds. Then Thankfully, peaceful darkness.
I awoke the next morning feeling drained and weary. I search my body for signs that last night was more than a dream. Nothing, no marks or wounds, no sign of Anna or the candles and bath. I smiled to myself at the foolishness of my thoughts. My Anna would never harm me in anyway. I truly must have dreamed the entire thing. Looking out the porthole I was greeted by sunny blue skies. It seemed we would get started on the ship repairs at once. I quickly dressed and went topside.

The deck was littered with people. Those healthy and wanting to get away from the sick and long voyage and those sick looking for the hope of a better day. I assembled the crew and divided them to their tasks. Activity filled the decks. A boat was lowered for those going to shore to gather supplies. The passengers that were able drafted to assist us in our tasks. By afternoon the mast was repaired. I decided a little relaxation was in order for all. Gathering up food supplies and staples all but a handful went to shore for the evening. An impromptu Party on the beach.

The women assembled together like a well-oiled machine. Efficiently starting the preparations for the meal. A few of the men gathered together and formed a band. Sailors have been ever known to have music as their guide. Soon laughter and dancing was all that was heard. I found Anna, sitting with the other women. I pulled her to her feet and into my arms. We twirled and laughed with the others. I have never been more content than at that moment.

As all good things must, this too did end. The supplies were packed and the first of the passengers and crew were sent back to the ship. Strangely John and Clarice waited with Anna and I for the last boat back. They had not participated in the revelry, just sat and observed. A sly evil grin covered John's face. Clarice seemed strangely excited and flushed. Holding my Anna close I waited for the boat to return for the last of us. Lost as I was in her scent and the softness of her body I was caught unawares of what had happened.

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

© Copyright 1999 Watcher666 - All Rights Reserved
JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
1 posted 1999-10-25 01:53 PM

I could smell the candles burning and the sting of the salty air!!!! Well done! Will there be more? I've become quite addicted ya know. LOL

Jenny

[This message has been edited by JennyLee (edited 10-25-1999).]

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 1999-10-25 02:11 PM

Alright..ALRIGHT! I understand this is payback for the slow progress of my own work. Pleeeeeeease...Is this going to be an on going saga or will it end soon?
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

3 posted 1999-10-25 06:05 PM

You are doing well at keeping the attention of the family here in Prose.

------------------
Now and forever, my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
4 posted 1999-10-25 09:35 PM

I think the temperature went up 20 degrees at the beginning of this one. Nice imagery
Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
5 posted 1999-10-26 12:09 PM

hey, do ya always have to leave us hanging? Very good so far.

------------------
"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage."
-Billy Corgan-

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
6 posted 1999-10-27 05:27 AM

A
W
E
S
O
M
E
!!!
Wow...I am liking this!!

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
7 posted 1999-11-06 04:30 PM

You're weaving quite at tale here Watcher.
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
8 posted 1999-11-06 09:26 PM

The watcher who weaves tales.. I like it much my friend, lovely imagery too. Could feel the deck asway beneath my feet

------------------
Through poetry my heart and soul truly sing...
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Deep Blue Me
since 1999-11-04
Posts 396
By a big lake
9 posted 1999-11-13 12:30 PM

Watcher- This is beyond cool, way beyond.

DB

------------------
And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart.
===RUSH===

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dark Ship Sailing III

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary