navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Story of the Bubble Queen
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Story of the Bubble Queen Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.

0 posted 1999-10-24 08:55 PM

Once upon a time,when Mother Earth was middle-aged,there was a wide path winding up and down through an ancient wood. The mountains were covered with large trees of all kinds,and many villages were spread throughout the enchanted land. A small village rested alongside one if the tallest mountains. The people were very happy. They each took chores to be pleasant pastimes and enjoyed the effort it took to make their lives better. Some of the men hunted. Others cooked. And some men cleaned cottages. The women also shared in the work. Some women were good at cutting wood. Others grew and collected herbs.

One young mother with five children lived in the village. She took pride and great pleasure in her job of washing clothes.Her children played around her as she scrubbed all day in the large tub and hung the clothes out to dry. In return for her work the villagers brought her all of the food and goods she needed.

One day she had so many clothes to scrub,she picked up her work pace and scrubbed harder and faster. She scrubbed so quickly that the beautiful bubbles came flying out of the tub into the sky. The children were delighted and screamed for more and more bubbles. So she scrubbed faster and faster.

She began to grow tired,however,and stopped to rest,sitting next to her tub. The children called out to her for more. The young mother,too tired to scrub,put her index finger to her thumb,making a circle. She dipped her fingers into the suds,and sure enough there was a rainbow of water webbed in the center of the circle. She put it to her lips and blew. Bubbles flew into the air.

The next day the children spent the afternoon trying to make bubbles. But their fingers were too small,so they begged for her to make more. Soon she tired of this as well. A long,spindly grapevine grew next to her. She reached out,took off the vines leaves,and tied the stem in a circle. She dipped the wandlike vine into the tub.Again,a rainbow of soap appeared in the circle. She blew upon it and many huge bubbles floated out. There were so many,they flew high in the air and drifted into the next village.

On the third day,while working,she made a wand for each of the children. The wind changed and blew the bubbles to another village. Every day,depending on which way the wind blew,villagers far and near eagerly awaited the beautiful bubbles. Soon others traveled to her and asked her to make a wand for them in exchange for gold. So she was so busy and happy making bubble wands that the task of washing clothes was given to others in the village. With the gold she built a beautiful bubble palace where she and her children lived happily ever after.

This was written for all the big and little bubble blowers in my life. Morgan and Emily especially..and of course for your bubble blowers too

Jenny Lee

[This message has been edited by JennyLee (edited 10-26-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Jennifer Lee Dobbins - All Rights Reserved
Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

1 posted 1999-10-25 01:25 AM

Lovely story here! Liked this much...like a fairy tale!

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
2 posted 1999-10-25 08:59 AM

Thank-you Watcher,as this is my fairytale on how the bubble blower came about. All the children in my life,as well as myself..love to blow bubbles.

Jenny

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 1999-10-25 10:21 AM

I have been a teacher of young children for many years and the one thing I could always count on for a calming as well as gleeful experience was bubbles. Thanks for such a lovely story.
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 1999-10-25 08:12 PM

My children too enjoy bubbles. In the months when they can play outside without the water freezing, I go through many containers of soup. This was a wonderful story, thankyou for sharing.
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
5 posted 1999-10-26 08:20 PM

Cute! Thanks a nice read.
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

6 posted 1999-10-27 06:09 AM

LOL

This piece likes me much.

------------------
Now and forever, my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Story of the Bubble Queen

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary