navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sanctuary [Wistfulness and Hope]
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sanctuary [Wistfulness and Hope] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SummerMoon
since 2011-05-01
Posts 1
TX, USA

0 posted 2011-05-01 05:07 PM

Hello, I'm new and this is my first post. ^^ Most of what I write is like prose-poetry... usually no rhyme and only a slight rhythm if any. Any critiques are welcome.

On a bright, quiet day
She set off on the path toward the beach
Under the endless blue sky, filled with billowing clouds

As her sandals echoed on the charcoal asphalt
A lazy breeze blew by, carrying the briny ocean scent

The walk there was a small peaceful journey
The forms of all the whitewashed houses bathed in sunlight was an uplifting visage

The passage between the road and beach was like a small portal, a tranquil sanctuary
The sight of the wooden steps leading to the sand, framed by swaying marsh grasses was like a sweet dream
The warm sand, hazy air and fresh, salty smell....like a daydream, like no other...
The crashing of the waves as they hit the shore, the whisper as their foamy tips beckon......

The cool, rejuvenating sensation of the waves washing everything away, unparalleled....

Through a misty midday dream...

The vision of a girl alone by the ocean...

on a sun-splashed afternoon

© Copyright 2011 SummerMoon - All Rights Reserved
maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
1 posted 2011-05-01 05:17 PM

omg this is so amazing
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2011-07-31 11:23 PM

Welcome to prose. You painted such a lovely picture here. The reader was brought into it with the imagery you created. Well done.
HeliaHeart
since 2008-11-16
Posts 53
Georgia
3 posted 2011-09-28 04:55 PM

Oh its so nice... you can just smell the ocean scent and feel that soft breeze. Its well written and poignant

~Lia
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever"
-M. K. Ghandi

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2011-10-03 01:06 AM

This happens to be my absolute favorite thing to do, and also my favorite picture.  You described the scene and the feeling well.  Welcome to Passions too by the way.
priyanka
since 2009-06-15
Posts 216
india
5 posted 2011-10-03 07:35 PM

quote:
Through a misty midday dream...

The vision of a girl alone by the ocean...

on a sun-splashed afternoon

loved it!!!

Anoo
since 2011-01-23
Posts 55
UK
6 posted 2011-10-26 11:03 AM

As I read your writing I was carried away to the place you created. Breathtaking. The subtle things you have enhanced in a beautiful manner.
Look forward for more
Anoo

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
7 posted 2011-11-16 07:15 AM

welcome to passions, this was wonderful, you took me on a lovely journey. Thanks

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe
                        — W. E. Channing

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2011-11-16 10:30 AM

Lovely prose. Welcome to Passions. Please find a very belated, but very Special Greeting in your mailbox.

Sunshine

"The business of the poet...is to show the sorriness underlying the grandest things and the grandeur underlying the sorriest things." Thomas Hardy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sanctuary [Wistfulness and Hope]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary