navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Angels of Fire
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Angels of Fire Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wolfie97
since 1999-10-18
Posts 58
Newcastle, WY USA

0 posted 1999-10-18 08:44 PM

It was a black moonless night. The wind just died down, the air was completley still. The storm clouds covered the twinkling stars.
When all at once I heard a rumble that broke the silence of my night. This thunder-like sound vibrated while shaking my soul. It didn't come from the sky, but from some where close, all too close.
As the sound still echoed in my cold ears, a light appeared in front of me. At first soft, then growing brighter. This glowing haze grew larger, and as quick as it began, it was ended forever more.
I could see a figure of ghostly sorts appearing in front of me through the mist. This figure remained to glow with nothing as a source. I could now see the full figure remaining in front of me. It was a Knight of the Lost dressed in molten armor. Sword in his sheith, and a shield of gold hung low on his arm. He sat proud and true astride a stallion of fire.
Both of us motionless, my emotions were gone. Yet something drew me towards this vision of reality. The flames of the magistic creature touched my soul, but cooled my state of mind. The Knight did not speak, but I knew why he was there.
Once every so often, a rider of unsettlement. A soul that couldn't rest can find his way back home to settle for eternity. First he must find another as wild and free as he once was. To take his place upon the immortal stallion of flames.
The gallant Knight dismounted, and slowly walked up to me. He drew his sword, raised it to the sky, and forced it down. Sinking it in the earth to the hilt. He dropped the shield beside it, took off his helmet, and offered it to me. I looked into his soft and tired eyes and accepted this offer of eternal Knight-hood. He then slowly faded, smiled, and dissapeared into the dark of night.
I raised the helmut to the sky, and lowered it over my head. When I could see through my new eyes of the molten helmet, I myself was covered in armor. I picked up the shield, and withdrew the sword with never before known strength. I strung it at my side and climbed upon the firey beast. Now ready to carry out my destiny.
I shall now ride for as long as I may, watching over the world of troubled mortals. Helping those in desperate need. Lighting the paths for others. Until I find my place, and another soul connected as so to my own.

------------------

Garrett 'sneaky' Gall

© Copyright 1999 wolfie97 - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-10-18 09:06 PM

Welcome to Passions in Prose!

------------------
Now and forever, my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 1999-10-19 01:28 AM

I echo the welcome!
And I ask if you mind some constructive criticism?

Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

3 posted 1999-10-19 02:57 AM

You have a good begining here,but where does this story go?? Hope to here more.

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
4 posted 1999-10-19 10:37 AM

Welcome to prose!
wolfie97
since 1999-10-18
Posts 58
Newcastle, WY USA
5 posted 1999-10-19 07:15 PM

Actually, Yes, I have a part II to this. It should be posted tomarrow, please read it, and yes, please, give it all the helpful criticism you may. TY for the reply.

------------------

Garrett 'sneaky' Gall

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 1999-10-19 07:38 PM

Interesting story...will be looking for the second part. Welcome to Prose.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Angels of Fire

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary