navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Gift of Cade
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Gift of Cade Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!

0 posted 2008-04-25 02:39 AM

No one should have to live in pain.  No one should have to die in pain.  

I wanted you to be with your family on this Earth until (what should have been) your natural life ends.  I wanted you to have all that you ever dreamed of.  I wanted you to live and love.

It doesn't matter what I wanted.

Now, I wish you to die in peace and pain-free.  I wish you to know how loved you are.  I wish you to realize the difference that you have made in so many lives.  I want you to know that you are admired for the courage and dignity that you have carried yourself with.

I am not ready to recognize that you are leaving.  I want to cling to you and hold on to you.  But, you are like a beautiful balloon filled with helium.  The string that I try to hold on to, that holds me to you, is jerking and it is hard to hold.  You are ready to move to another place.  You will rise with beauty and soar among the paths made by the winds.  And, I will peer into the sun and watch you float with the clouds until you are no longer in my sights.

Yet, my friend Cade, I know that you will be with me and those that you love.  I know that you will touch us - we will smile and not realize it.  We will reflect silently upon all the gifts that you have given us.  We will hear your voice in our ears.  We will feel your arms guide us.  You will forever be among all of us - and you will carry us when we need a hand.

I will miss you, but, Cade, I will always know that you are here.  Even when I can't see you, you are here.  What a gift you are.  What a beautiful gift you are.

I love you.

---

Ali

© Copyright 2008 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
1 posted 2008-04-25 02:53 AM

No one should have to live in pain.  No one should have to die in pain.  

my dear Ali-girl.. you show such wonderful insight and strength... Cade will love you for that.

love RDB x

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
2 posted 2008-04-25 12:51 PM

A beautiful love filled letting go, that brings dear Cade even closer to you, dear Alison.

May he be assisted and surrounded by the Angels and be pain free.

Love and hugs.
Margherita

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2008-04-25 05:35 PM

So heart touching...James
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2008-05-01 11:39 AM

When we mirror and share with others
what has been gifted to us, then we
know we have been given the gift of
love & friendship.

And Cade becomes our friend, and our
loss, just as well.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Gift of Cade

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary