navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Yep...it's true
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Yep...it's true Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Clang
since 2005-12-15
Posts 222

0 posted 2007-08-09 06:53 PM

I had decided to purchase one of those really big mugs they sell at the convenience stores to help save money by having it refilled rather than pay for a new fountain soda each time I run low on liquids.  One day I stopped at the convenience store and minding my own business (which I seldom do-but that's another story) I filled my mug and sauntered over to the counter.  A gentleman was in front of me purchasing his products and I waited patiently.

After he was finished he stepped aside and allowed me to plop my big mug on the counter.  Vaguely I remember him looking at the newspaper rack to ponder the days headlines.  I purchased my drink and headed out the door.  The gentleman held the door open for me and I went out first thanking him as I did.

I went to my mini van opened the door and shuffled into the drivers seat.  I looked to my right and there was a man I did not know sitting in the passenger seat.  I froze.  I didn't know what to do.  I looked out the front window and the man who had held the door for me was standing right in front of me with a very serious look on his face.  I felt adrenilin pour through my body.

Then I looked at the dashboard.  

It wasn't my van!  It was his!

© Copyright 2007 Kat - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2007-08-09 07:20 PM

Kat,
Great storie! But just for the record, most of us call the pitchers.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2007-08-15 09:13 PM

Some people call them "big tea pots".  Regardless, cute story, one of those "oh are my cheeks red" stories...

So...more, please?

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2007-08-16 05:38 AM

cute, I thought you were going to tell me youw ere being abducted~~

I have gone into a car looking like mine before since so many are the same color
and it was before the days of the car alarms and I realized it once I saw the interior but it is still embarassing.

M

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2007-09-13 06:07 PM

Made me smile...I almost got into the wrong car at a mall once...then noticed that it looked different inside...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Yep...it's true

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary