navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Here I Am
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Here I Am Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Katerie
since 2006-01-27
Posts 92
Central New York

0 posted 2006-08-11 12:09 PM

We hoard contradiction.
At the sight of a scar, you will recall a profound incident, obscure in time, real number.  A tree which spread its roots, a tree which struggled to rip through the callused flesh of the earth a hundred, a thousand, a million years ago, will fall with your next spoken consonant.  Ceiling fans will spin counter clockwise, yanking our houses from weak wooden foundations, and into nothing, and everything, perhaps somewhere, or nowhere in between.  Ice will sink, humans will cease to walk, and take on a more reliable method of locomotion (the legs, how fragile!), and still we will die.
Here I am.

© Copyright 2006 Kate Sands - All Rights Reserved
patience_iago
since 2006-08-30
Posts 54

1 posted 2006-09-01 03:46 PM

Im so suprised no one else commented on this, i think its briliant, i love this so much, the theme of it, the ideas.

"There are some days where i believe i might die of an overdose of satisfaction"
-Dali

jo_kritickisto
since 2006-08-17
Posts 15

2 posted 2006-09-02 10:17 PM

Hm.  This is a bit of a short one.  It's almost like a paragraph that tries to act like an aphorism.  I also do not understand why you put the line "here I am" at the end.  

The poetic imagery that helps glue the paragraph together lends itself to making the transitions between examples of the contradictions smoother.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Here I Am

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary