navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Beliefs in the Paranormal Part 2.
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Beliefs in the Paranormal Part 2. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 1999-10-07 07:15 AM

We know that we only use 1/10 of our brain capacity. Could you imagine what we could do if we used more. That could be another theory, if we used more of our brain power our lives could be so much more extraordinary.

I'll share with you a couple more things that have happened to me now.

I was at work one day when a terrible feeling of grief and the message there is something wrong at home, came over me. It was very strong and made me upset. I actually felt like crying. I could hardly concentrate the rest of the afternoon. On the way home I told my then Fiancee' Dave all about it. We arrived home and there was a note left for me in the entrance way. My favourite uncle had passed away. I can't explain it.

My fiancee' David and I went to Tasmania another state in Australia in 1987. I had never been there before. We were lost at one stage without a map and I knew where to go! David followed my directions and we were fine. It wasn't a matter of going back the way we came, I just KNEW.
We also went to the notorious penal settlement in Tasmania called Port Arthur.
There the feeling of terror, grief, heartache, pain etc. overwhelmed me and I cried a little. David was slightly embarrassed but getting used to my ways. As the day wore on the feelings subsided. I really felt the horror of the place it was not imagined. I'll never be able to explain how or why.

A few years later my husband and I saw UFO's on a number of occasions. Once near Mt. Cootha in Brisbane and one of the tv stations had actually filmed it. It was never explained.
A couple of times out at night but not confirmations.
The final and most startling was very unusual. We were saying and kissing goodnight outfront my parents house, when the whole southern sky from east to west, was lit like a massive burst of sheet lightning. It stayed lit and got brighter and brighter over a few minutes then slowly faded. It did not flash on and off like lightning and besides there was no storm.
At first I thought it was nuclear war (one of my big fears). We then decided it was 'unexplained'. The following night the same thing happened in Russia and was filmed on camera by an amateur, and with the help of the camera you could see dozens of UFO's. We believe it was the same event we saw.

I have no proof I have witnessed these things and more but I have seen and experienced too much for me to say I don't believe in the unexplained.
Last Christmas I had my first physic reading I won it actually. Rita Rogers the lady who read for Lady Di rang me from England for an hour. She knew my entire life, stuff that is not documented anywhere. She knew jealousies and feelings, family belongings, and about my son, and my miscarried daughter. There is absolutely no record of her. I asked her about these things and she said I'm a healer and medium, but I wouldn't pursue it. Which is right I don't want to. But I do follow those awkward little flashes or twinges I have rarely and they are always true.
So my friends I shall leave the verdict to all this in your hands. But I will ask this of you, if you get a 'twinkle' or 'feeling' follow up on it, it may be important or life saving or a good move for your future. Sometimes you have to turn the adult rationale off and listen inside instead of out.

I shall be eagerly awaiting your responses and hope none of you think I am a total looney. I never said I was a mystic or anything, just I've seen a lot.

------------------
How long after you are gone will ripples remain as evidence that you were cast into the pool?
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

© Copyright 1999 Isis - All Rights Reserved
Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
1 posted 1999-10-07 09:21 AM

this is a topic I find quite alluring and very exciting.I am so glad you shared this Isis and a little bit envious of your insight.....is there going to be a 3?

------------------

May your days be filled with lots of sunshine and your nights lit up by golden moonbeams

Dragoness
since 1999-08-07
Posts 513

2 posted 1999-10-07 11:33 AM

Your not looney.This is a topic I'm very interested in.I would love to read more of your experiences.

------------------
Set you heart free and your mind will follow.

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 1999-10-07 02:52 PM

I do not think that you are looney either Isis. I think you are special and gifted. We are all given special gifts and we need to listen to them. Thankyou for sharing this with me. I always enjoy reading your pieces.

Marilyn

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 1999-10-07 06:17 PM

Thanks Pepper, Dragoness and Marilyn.
I'll see if i can put together number 3 but no promises ok?

------------------
How long after you are gone will ripples remain as evidence that you were cast into the pool?
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 1999-10-07 08:16 PM

<

Isis, I don't think you're looney either. I used to have something like this when I was young. Not so much anymore. You are correct when we get those "little" feelings not to over look them. I have done that many times, and wished I hadn't!

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 10-19-1999).]

Loneheart
since 1999-09-13
Posts 92
Eastern US
6 posted 1999-10-07 08:31 PM

I agree little one your not Lonney
More things then not can not be explained
But still they do happen
You need to write a book and it would be a Best seller with your talent

------------------
Loneheart

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
7 posted 1999-10-07 09:19 PM

Thanks for the compliment Loneheart. But I don't think so....

------------------
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
8 posted 1999-10-08 07:13 PM

I too am very interested! Time for part III...

------------------
*Elizabeth*

"Dwelt a maid belov'd and cherish'd by high and low,
But with autumn leaf she perish'd, long time ago..."

"Something sweet, something sort of grandish, sweeps my soul when thou art near..."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Beliefs in the Paranormal Part 2.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary