navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Energize
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Energize Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes

0 posted 2005-07-21 10:44 AM

With a heavy heart, and the mist forming in his eyes, Captain James Kirk stood at the transporter desk preparing to send his friend home. It had been inevitable, as all creatures from all the known universes cease their life forms in their own way, in their own time. And it's not like this was the first time he stood here, at the ready.
While his crew was making things ready, his mind wandered slightly.

"Scotty, we need full warp engines to.. get us... out of here as soon... as possible"
"Dah-mmit, Cap'n, she's gut noo mohr... I-um running a level tree dignostic. She'll be ready in a few 'ours."
"Scottie, we... may not have... a few.. hours."
"Dammit, Jim, he's not a miracle worker."
"Yes, Bones, my old... friend... he is. Scottie, now."

Well, Scottie, old friend, you have pulled me out of the fire more tiimes than I can count, and allowed me to continue with the exploration of the known universe every time I yelled "Beam Me Up" in a panic. Now it is my turn to return the compliments, and send you to the only home you've ever truly had.

"Captain, Mr. Scott is in place, and the coordinates are ready. We await your command."
"Thank you."

Well, Jimmy, I guess the time has come. I have truly enjoyed the last 35 years, and you take my love with you. "D" is waiting for you there... have a Romulan Ale for me, once, would you?

With one final look, Captain James Tyberius Kirk turned and walked back to the transporter desk and uttered that one word that would take his friend out of his life, but not out of his heart, forever. And with one last look, the deed having been done, he turned and walked into the passageway to continue on his extended five year misson.

I know it isn't much, and is slightly illogical (sorry, couldn't resist), however we do what we can.

http://www.mysticwicks.com
  (try the after dark section)

© Copyright 2005 Bradly Stott - All Rights Reserved
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
1 posted 2005-07-21 04:08 PM

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-07-21 08:17 PM

That burr of his will never leave my inner ear...he did well, and he did true.

Thank you, Ringo!

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
3 posted 2005-07-22 12:38 PM

the one thing that you failed to mention is that he will be joining gene as well in outer space.  all three in my book will be sorely missed.
Ringo
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
4 posted 2005-07-22 12:45 PM

Thanks all...
I have to make a bit of an explaination, though... I didn't write that last ppost... a friend of mine (Grandma Lucie) did it on my account. She is right, however... my feeble brain missed the most important of all... I apologize to all of the Trekkies out there.

http://www.mysticwicks.com
  (try the after dark section)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Energize

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary