navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Wicked Balladeer
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wicked Balladeer Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-10-03 07:08 PM

Welcome brothers and sisters, lambs, rams, and ewes, to DreamEvil’s Traveling Salvation show. Hallelujah! Now I know you have heard many things about me and this holy crusade I am on, but rest assured that the Lord is with me as I give you the gospel of my Mission today. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

I have come, true believers, to expose the wicked perfidy of a resident of these parts, one held in great esteem by some of the flock. Yea, my friends ‘tis the wicked and pernicious Balladeer I will speak of. Please, please, remain calm. He is nowhere near this, our sanctuary. Hallelujah! I see from your reactions that his evil sins have reached your ears as well. I am filled with sorrow my friends that you have such as he living in your midst, but such trials are the will of the Lord. Hallelujah!

Truly do I see the doubt on some faces within this congregation of flocks, but wait for just as I have seen the light of truth ewe shall as well. Here, behind me, sit those of his herd we have saved from a life of depravity and debauchery at the hands of the Wicked Balladeer. Hallelujah, we have saved them! Yea, have I been witness to their testimony of his bestial pleasures. When first I heard these vile tales, I, yes even I, was overcome with anger at the Wicked Balladeer’s fleecing of his flock. Hallelujah, for the Lord's righteous anger! With the little lambs amongst us today, I will not reveal the extent of his flock’s defilement, but Lord knows you must hear of his perfidy. He has kept a stable of ewes, once young and virginal, to sate his pernicious delights. They are fed abused fruit from I know not where, though I will make a vow to uncover the source of it. He entices these sweet young things, only just passed from lambs, with honeyed lips and tarnished tongue, then after gaining their trust; he fleeces the flock out of them before sating himself with their flesh. Yes, I was just as shocked as you to hear these pandering misdeeds of Wicked Balladeer, but hearken unto my words, as these brave ewes have and you will escape his clutches. Hallelujah, salvation is here!

Ewes, rams, there is another thing about this Wicked Balladeer which I must tell you that fills me with sadness and remorse. He was once a Revered Elder of this very church. I was just as shocked and dismayed as you are at what depths a clergyman could sink to in a quest for the forbidden pleasures of the flesh. Such treachery is not unknown to the church but from one as honored as he once was, it is truly a despicable shame on all wearing the frock and tending their flock. Therefore an Inquisition was formed to decide how best to respond to Wicked Balladeer’s despoiling of the ewes. Hallelujah! I have been charged, fellow children of the Lord, to spread the word of this once Revered Elder’s iniquity across the land.

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for the poor soul of Wicked Balladeer and pray that he will see the Light once more. Let us give thanks, my friends, for the deliverance of these ewes from his den of evil. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

Amen.

Friends, today’s sermon is concluded. I will return soon to preach more of Wicked Balladeer’s perfidy, but now I must get the flock out of here. Until the Lord comes to save us, keep the faith. Hallelujah!

©1999 DreamEvil

------------------
Now and forever my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
Beki
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1569
Newport Beach, CA, USA
1 posted 1999-10-03 07:13 PM

Roflmao! This is too funny...and what a strong consistent voice it is written in too! I needed a laught oday...thanks!
caroline
since 1999-08-16
Posts 1218
http://members.xoom.com/belladona123/index.htm
2 posted 1999-10-03 07:14 PM

Ohhhhh this is too funny...heheheh. Do I hear an amen?

Look out y'all...its spreading to the prose forum now!

Deer lover
since 1999-10-03
Posts 1

3 posted 1999-10-03 07:17 PM

Well written. And to relate in short what I truly want to say, "**** You!"

------------------

caroline
since 1999-08-16
Posts 1218
http://members.xoom.com/belladona123/index.htm
4 posted 1999-10-03 07:38 PM

Well Deer Lover...this really is all in fun. I don't understand your reply. It appears to me that the group that plays this game seems to take it all in stride. Perhaps you ought to do the same.
I happen to like Balladeer, Toe, Lucie, Dream and the rest of the cast of characters in this comedy. I never take too seriously what they write about each other. I don't think they do either.
Lighten up, will ya?

If I misunderstood your response, sorry. Somehow I don't think I have, though.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 1999-10-03 07:47 PM

My goodness! DE, you've entered back into the fray with gusto! Very good! But now you know that they'll be looking for you! LOL..

Deer Lover...perhaps, being a new member, you are unaware that these things are done in the spirit of fun and friendship! DreamEvil just elaborated on a poem written by Balladeer (you should go find it and read it..it's very good!)..and as he stated in his poem, he lost his 'sheep' to DreamEvil's Traveling Salvation Show..thus the theme of this story! Anyway, Deer Lover, welcome to the forum! Feel free to join the fray but watch the asterisks!

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 10-03-1999).]

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
6 posted 1999-10-03 08:32 PM

ROFL...is someone really taking this seriously, I actually think it's a mark of respect and friendship between the guys...and thankfully so..:-))

Well done Dream..:-))

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Saxoness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-18
Posts 1102
Texas
7 posted 1999-10-03 08:49 PM

Balladeer...........I can feel DreamEvil pulling me back.........help me! He is so baaaaaaaaaad! lol

------------------
"Glory remains unaware of my neglected dwelling where alone
I sing my tearful song which has charms only for me."

-Charles Brugnot

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
8 posted 1999-10-03 09:51 PM

Another triumph my friend, yet I ask the question unasked so far: Shall the wicked Balladeer brave you on this front, or recognize you for the master thou art?

Amen brother!

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
9 posted 1999-10-03 09:52 PM

Poet deVine said:
quote:
Deer Lover...perhaps, being a new member, you are unaware ...

Actually, PdV, there's at least some reason to believe Deer Lover isn't a new member, but rather one that's been around here long enough to definitely know better. Creating an alias for a single, one time post isn't new. It hearkens back to another forum, one I personally left behind because it was filled with squabbles, childish animosity, and foul garbage that left a rotten taste in my mouth. Sadly, that same forum was permeated with talent and friendship, too, but only at the cost of suffering cancerous hate. I will not tolerate that cancer to spread here.

Deer Lover (et al), it's obvious your response wasn't prompted by the work everyone else is taking with the humor intended (including Balladeer). If you've got a personal problem with someone, I suggest you stow it. We really don't want to hear about it. Your post was petty and childish. Your manner of posting it was gutless.

Dragoness
since 1999-08-07
Posts 513

10 posted 1999-10-03 09:59 PM

ROFLMAO!! Excellent! I think the stakes have just been up'd!

------------------
Set you heart free and your mind will follow.

Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston
11 posted 1999-10-03 10:49 PM

I am so undecided to whom alliegence should I show?
They all speak words of wisdom some use big words I don't know.

I try to weave my stories keeping up with ToeTag war.
But this is truly difficult since no ones keeping score.

Andrew seems to have disappeared, and Mr. Cucumber is silent.
And now that more have joined the fray,
I feel its getting violent.

Now I will not step back I say! Forever I will fight.
To keep the ToeTag even and the content of it light.

Whomever seems to have a beef with this almighty war.
Should visit the produce aisle at the local grocery store.

I'm sure that Toe will recommend vast fruit in giant multitude.
To help this person loosen up their almighty tight ~***~ attitude.

Sorry for the asterisks deVine ..... hehehe

Oh and btw.. great comeback Dream... hehe

------------------
Never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten.

[This message has been edited by Lucie (edited 10-03-1999).]

Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
12 posted 1999-10-04 12:06 PM

Amen.

Let us bow our heads and have a moment of silent prayer for this Balladeer, one I know not much of, except for in the preachings of the Infallible One, DreamEvil. Let us pray that he is bound from commiting any more acts of the aforementioned wickedness, and that he may once more join the Church.

LOL

------------------
"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage."
-Billy Corgan-

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
13 posted 1999-10-04 12:35 PM

LOL - Hey, you forgot to pass the offering plate! Well done, Dream, although you know what happenes when you tempt fate...you might sharpen that pencil and get ready to go a few rounds after this one.

------------------
Michael Anderson

The coldest lies are often told in silence.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
14 posted 1999-10-04 09:34 PM

Well, well, well. Lookee here. There was a response, after all. I'll tell Toerag to call off the search party. There we were, looking in all the forums where the rhyming poets hang out, never suspecting that the reply would come in any other form. But that's ok. We all do what we can do.

At least, it is a wonderful discovery to know that a sharp wit and excellent sense of humor does indeed lie behind that DreamEvil exterior. You did an excellent job with this one. Hell, I was booing myself for a minute! Now, if you would ever like to come back and play in our backyard, we'd love to have ya......

Seriously, Dream, I admire your spunk and your come-back-at-ya attitude. It's a breath of fresh air.

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
15 posted 1999-10-08 11:44 PM

Well done from one who has read everything you have wrote on line. I have new faith in you. "Hallelujah!"
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
16 posted 1999-10-10 08:05 AM

[Now I'm feeling like my mother...]

"Ok boys, [taking Balladeer under my left arm, DE under my right] I've moved the furniture out of the way and you are both allowed to take one whack at each other; the first to cry, loses."

[Digressing back to my own self]

who can hear the crying when there is so much laughter abounding!

The only good thing of what my mother did for me and my brother way back when was show us the proper way to move furniture around the house.

LOL

Love these pieces!

------------------
Sunshine
Look, then, into thine heart, and write ~~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
17 posted 1999-10-10 01:58 PM

Dream, all I need to say is this: ROFL!

------------------
*Elizabeth*

"Dwelt a maid belov'd and cherish'd by high and low,
But with autumn leaf she perish'd, long time ago..."

"Something sweet, something sort of grandish, sweeps my soul when thou art near..."

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

18 posted 1999-10-16 02:56 PM

Hallelujah all my rams, lambs, and ewes! The Wicked Balladeer has come amongst us so that we may heal him of his pernicious ways. Can I hear an Amen to that!?

Gladdened I am to see that the word of truth has spread amongst the righteous and the wicked, for they have come and replied to this testament of Wicked Balladeer's vile sins. Join me rams and ewes in exhorting the Wicked Balladeer to write his testament to the Lord and bring it amongst us! Amen.

------------------
Now and forever, my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
19 posted 2000-01-05 02:21 AM

ok yuh i missed this whole thing and i found the poem by balladeer this whole thins a riot i do say i do profess!
Sharleen
since 2000-01-05
Posts 16

20 posted 2000-01-05 07:45 PM

I'm a New member, and don't really understand the story.  Would someone fill me in so I can make a good reply. Give me a quite summary?

All in good taste,
                              Sharleen

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
21 posted 2000-01-06 02:13 PM

Welcome, Sharleen!

I can you certainly understand your lack of understanding. There was a time that several of us, in good-natured fun, would "tweak each other's noses" with comedic, insult poems. This    particular poem was just one in a line of poems from that time. I had written a poem entitled "DreamEvil's Traveling Salvation Show" and this was his comedic response to that poem .End of story. If you hang around and see how Toerag and I go at it, you'll understand better. LOL!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Wicked Balladeer

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary