navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments from Ms Ginger Michelle Chadwick#10:Today's Music
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Assignments from Ms Ginger Michelle Chadwick#10:Today's Music Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2004-12-09 11:29 AM

Today’s Music

Two distinct lines of thought jump to mind for this one.

First is the picture of an old man or lady, tut-tutting as they walk through the mall when a particularly loud, and to them, unattractive, piece of music is playing.

Second come the possible endings to the phrase:
Today’s Music…is the soundtrack to tomorrow’s memories.
Today’s Music…is tomorrow’s nostalgia.
Today’s Music…perplexes yesterday’s ears.

Music holds a special place in many peoples’ lives, and tastes differ as widely as fingerprints. When recalling a special moment, it isn’t unusual to include the piece of music that was playing at the time, for example:
“How many the months that have trickled by
Since we lay together, side by side?
My head on your chest, I heard your heart beating
Gentle accompaniment to the melodies playing
In the background, embracing our moment.
Our hands met and entwined,
I could have held yours forever.”

Music and mankind have always gone together. Music captures an era and allows it to live on.

Today’s music is tomorrow’s documentary of yesterday.

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

© Copyright 2004 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-12-09 12:10 PM

Lizzie,
This is rich. Several nice lines in this. I especially like:

"Today’s music is tomorrow’s documentary of yesterday."

One of my favorite in this one. Don't have a clue where the quoted lines come from though no "tut-tutting" here!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
2 posted 2004-12-09 01:02 PM

Uh, they came from my brain... Just what I thought of when I thought of the assignment lol

Lizzie

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments from Ms Ginger Michelle Chadwick#10:Today's Music

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary