navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #26
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Assignments From My Daughter #26 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2004-05-09 09:08 PM

Assignments From My Daughter #26
By Larry Chadwick

L.L. Bean wasn’t really her style. But then again that hat. She had to have that hat. It would work so perfect with her classroom. So she sat down at her computer and proceeded to write a whole sequence of topic titles. Relying on her kindergarten experience she got her scissors out and separated each title into a single paper strip. When they were folded in half they went into her hat. And the hat went to her high school English classroom. It would do her juniors and seniors good to write impromptu papers on random topics.

Assignment #26 “Living Cheaply But Well”:

It was Christmas. And Christmas does not count without gifts. Children cannot enjoy Christmas on just a single present. After all a pile of gift wrapped packages under the tree brings pleasure that is remembered for a lifetime. Parents rarely find any satisfaction greater than giving to their kids. Most parents will seek any way possible to provide that experience to their children. Just head for the stores during the holiday season and the evidence is all around. The joy of the Christmas season brings cheer no matter which side of the tracks you live on. Of course I do not know what wealth does for the holiday season except for movies and advertisements. For our best Christmas we shopped at the Good Will. Now I call that living cheaply but well.

May 5, 2004

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

© Copyright 2004 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
pictureme
since 2003-11-28
Posts 248
Ohio, USA
1 posted 2004-05-10 11:01 PM

Hello,
If only we could all find the real magic of Christmas! It certainly is in giving I just
think we mix up our gifts. Some of my greatest memorys of Christmas were certainly not the most wealthiest but than again...maybe they were  :-) for the real test is knowing what true wealth is all about! I think you know and have found the real meaning of Christmas!
pictureme :-)

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2004-05-11 09:05 PM

pictureme,
Ain't that the truth! Used games play the same.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #26

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary