navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I beTruck-in
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I beTruck-in Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa

0 posted 2004-03-02 09:01 PM

I be Truck-in

Eighteen miles, into the great divine when the CB barked, right after a fancy sports car passed waving an antenna.   "Breaker, Breaker! Anyone got their ears on? How about a ten thirty-six?"

Me, thinking what a cluck. "I be trucking for the Lord in my flat bed ford. I be, skipping rope, smoking dope, climbing hills, popping pills," I replied in the microphone.

While I shifted into a higher gear for the climb, he cried, "Ah...come on give me the time?"

"I haven't got the time." pulling up the volume. "I be pushing time, kissing and kicking ass, changing plates, stealing wheels, killing dog, dodging bullets.

"Breaker, breaker for a ten thirty-six." He repeated.

Giving an other throw. "I be pushing rigs, smashing smoky, flipping bird, chewing stuff." Feeling I wasn't missing much.

"Break for a ten thirty-six." he said, trying my patients.

"I be slow in down for a lot lizard, spending time, slugged a judge, busted bail." laughing. "Why should I give you the time?"

"Why shouldn't you?" he asked.

"I give the time, you'll be a buddy, want-a meet for a joe." I said.

"So what’s wrong with that?" he came on back.

" Find out what a nice guy--I am.  With a--pretty daughter--want to meet her--fall in love--get married"

'All for a ten thirty-six?"

"Yes"  I said. "I ain't having my daughter marry someone too cheap to own a watch."

"Forget it!" He barked back.

I just relied, " I be trucking for the Lord in my flat bed ford.  I be skipping rope, smoking dope, climbing hills, popping pills." I guess that fella must got out of here, becaused coming down I didn't see that fancy red sports car. Must have thought I'd run him over.  Maybe he was right.
© 1999 Merlyn Hearn

© Copyright 2004 merlynh - All Rights Reserved
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
1 posted 2004-03-04 06:58 PM

This was really interesting. I liked the back-and-forth conversation between the characters--almost like I was listening to them. Nice work!

~sky

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know....
~Good Charlotte

Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
2 posted 2004-03-05 04:12 PM

Oh my goodness.  That was cute.  Maybe "cute" wasn't the word you were looking for.  But I can't think of anything else.  Anyway.. very funny.  Nice write.  I enjoyed a lot.  HAHA :-)
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I beTruck-in

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary