navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » All in a dream (Finished, well, almost.)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic All in a dream (Finished, well, almost.) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden

0 posted 2003-05-22 10:47 AM

Books and Co. was Books and Co. with very few books, clothes hung from hangers in the corners, the books on shelves.  You were a teacher who would seduce your students, I, a student who would seduce her teachers.  It was fitting that we met when we did, I guess.  When i look back on it, the timing was never quite right but that was intriguing.

"You read much?" You asked as I pulled a book from the shelf, absorbing the cover, but turning to look at you.

"Every chance I get."  You stole the book from my hand, nodding with approval at the title.  

"You should take my class," You said, long curly locks of hair hang in your face, gaped tooth grin barely visable.

"I think I already am."

Lecture notes in a boring notebook, scribbling furiously as you spoke, outlining words with the mutli colored highlighters, you stared at me from where  you stood, smiling.  The class ended and I gathered up my things as students fled the classroom, anxious to escape the atmosphere of intelligence as you walked over to me.

"I was wondering if you might want to get some coffee later," You said, handing me one of my many random objects as I shoved books into my bag.

"I'm really not a coffe person."  I avoided looking at you, those eyes would entrance me and force me to agree with whatever your request was.

"Okay.  Would you like to join me for a bagel?" Your persistance was annoying, but you were relentless and being stubborn as I was, I refused to give in.

"I'm not a bagel person," I lied.  Okay, I will admit, I ocasionally enjoy a nice blueberry bagel, but honestly, who wants to get a bagel with their professor, however nice they may be?

"Fine.  Last offer.  Would you please join me for some conversation, or are you not a conversation person?"  Your tone was sarcastic as you handed me one of the many plastic highlighters I felt necessary to carry around.  Shoving it into one of the many micelaneous pockets of the bag drapped over one of my shoulders, I finally looked up at you.

"Okay." My reply was simple and your face displayed a look of shock at my statement. As I followed you out of the classroom door, you turned to lock it and I followed you to the parking lot.

"Why are you so..." My voice trailed off.

"Relentless?"

"I was going to go for annoying." You rolled your eyes at me, opening the door of your car and shutting it after I climbed in.

"So, how's the reading going?"

"what?"

"Books and Co."

"Oh. It's fine, thank you for asking."

[This message has been edited by Allysa (05-23-2003 10:42 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Allysa - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2003-05-22 10:58 AM

This is freaky... I just posted a thread about my own classroom-related dream that I had last night, like within five minutes of your posting this thread.  Sorry, I just thought that was weird to see another "dream" on today's topics, and to see that it was in a similar setting.  

OooOOoo

Heh, anyways Allysa, you deserve a response to the actual piece of work, so I'll tell you that I'd rather see it complete before I try responding to it.  It's kind of neat, I like the use of second-person narrative, it's very unique... is this one of your first ventures with prose?  

quote:
The class ended and I gathered up my books as students fled the classroom, anxious to escape the atmosphere of intelligence as you walked over to me.

I love that image.  I've seen it so many times myself, and I still have a hard time understanding why people are so eager to flee the classroom itself.  Like being in the hallway is any different.  Heh...

Nicely written, Allysa.  Nice to read from you again.

Parasite

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
2 posted 2003-05-23 10:26 PM

Thanks much Brian... I'll be finishing this shortly... probably tonight.  I started writing in one of my classes, and the bell was about to ring.  This is not one of my first ventures into prose, however.  There are many more stories I have told (including one that's over 400+ pages).  But anyway, I'm probably going to email you tonight, so hopefully we can talk.

"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns."~Anon.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » All in a dream (Finished, well, almost.)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary