navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Loss
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Loss Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-09-17 02:16 AM

To be honest, I am well on my way to becoming hammered three sheets to the wind. I remember how to use spellcheck though. Let me know if my writing is better or worse. The topic of this essay is love and loss. Let me explain my own difficulties with loss first. I'm a military brat, born and raised moving from base to base every three years. I never had time to make more than cursory friends. No need to do so anyway when leaving them behind is inevitable. So many people say they wish they had been able to travel as I did, but I would kill to have had roots and lifelong friends. I never allowed myself to care about anyone because either I, or they, would of course be leaving soon anyway. I swore to myself that I would never let anyone in deep enough to cause that pain again. I have kept that promise for 26 years, yes I was five when I made that promise to myself. I find now that unbeknownst to me one has found her way deep into my heart. Makes me an oathbreaker I suppose, but I truly could care less. Now I find that she is leaving for a time and her healing is a reason for joy. I feel the weight of every lost friend and friend left behind. Twenty-six years worth of pent up grief and loneliness seem to be crashing down onto me. Pain is life, life is short, I will endure, especially for her, my Muse, the reason I write anymore at all, Erin Solari. I hear her one voice loud and clear and will evermore.

©1999 DreamEvil

------------------
Pain is life, life is short, I will endure.
DreamEvil©

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 1999-09-17 02:25 AM

DE, usually I go into long spiels about stuff like this... but not this time.
All I will say, is that it is never to late to make up for lost time. And you have more friends here than you might realize.
Chris

PS- I don't think it's affected your writing one way or another yet, you still pen with intelligent eloquence.

~one voice~
since 1999-07-08
Posts 664
Billings, MT USA
2 posted 1999-09-17 07:44 AM

To be loved so much by you is truly a gift from God. You bring smiles and tears of joy to my face, Dream. I will miss you more than you will ever know.

------------------
~onevoice~

"Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris. Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior."

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
3 posted 1999-09-17 07:02 PM

Beautifully said, Dream.
Hold her gently - that's all that should matter anymore. You are a lucky man.

Michael

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 1999-09-17 08:16 PM

Well Scott, what can I say! I am glad you have found happiness. I hope it truly works for you I would hate to see your heart broken again. But life wouldn't be life if we didn't take those chances. Good luck!
caroline
since 1999-08-16
Posts 1218
http://members.xoom.com/belladona123/index.htm
5 posted 1999-09-17 10:24 PM

You are healing with her, friend. I see it, and I'm happy for you. Peace.

(toss one back for me, will ya?)

------------------
The only man worth your tears will never make you cry...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Loss

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary