navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » When Sky Seams Split
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic When Sky Seams Split Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

0 posted 2003-04-08 02:14 PM

There are times, when the sky splits from the weight of stars and out tumbles all the feelings hidden behind the dark lining of heaven.

I stood on the balcony, looking out to sea in watch of nothing, but in hope of seeing more than I knew how to absorb through my eyes alone. The faint light on the horizon grew as a ship, probably a pleasure craft out for an evening cruise, came close to shore.
I focused on how it moved trying not to look into the sky or myself to see what might tumble out in fiery fall if I dared glance any higher than the surface.

“Tell me,” I asked “ about the sea.”
You looked at me in puzzlement for a minute then smiled and simply told me,” I don’t know anything about the depth and can only say what I have seen on the surface.”

I just nodded and turned to stare outwards. Away from you, in hopes you would not see the water of my eyes or hear my sigh as I thought of the days and nights to come.
It was later, much later after good byes and after the empty had begun to crawl back inside that I thought about how unfair my own desires and demands were. I made the mistake then, of looking up at the sky and saw the streak of fire cross from one side of the horizon to the other. Heaven split, as it is apt to do at times and out poured all the things trapped in me for so many years. They just fell out. Piling themselves in front of me like so much garbage dumped by a cosmic janitor. A bit of bright here, and putrid hurt there, festered parts rolling in a disgusting trail down the heap to suddenly be still.

All I could do was pick them up. One at a time and study them in all their imperfection, because there are times, when the sky splits from the weight of stars and these bit of star were mine.

© Copyright 2003 Cpat Hair - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2003-04-08 03:28 PM

There are times, when the sky splits from the weight of stars and out tumbles all the feelings hidden behind the dark lining of heaven.
====================
All I could do was pick them up. One at a time and study them in all their imperfection, because there are times, when the sky splits from the weight of stars and these bit of star were mine.

=====================

Perhaps it is the poet in me...
or more so the poetry of your words (and the effect they have on me) that makes me want to say something profound right now to define to you how much this write touched me (and reflected me) but at the moment nothing I can come up with touch that opening line, or the intention of this inspire...
so instead I'll just thank you for the starshine...and you will just know the rest.

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2003-04-08 03:46 PM

My sky seam seems to crack and only let a few bits of star out.  I wish it would split and let me deal with it all once and for all...

Thank you for not letting me miss this...one question...did she ever see the depth or does she continue to only see the surface?

Susan

Sunkissed
since 2002-12-03
Posts 610

3 posted 2003-04-08 04:17 PM

This, I know.

well done, Captain.

Sunkissed.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-04-08 04:27 PM

No words...

admiration...
but no words...

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
5 posted 2003-04-08 04:56 PM

This is so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
6 posted 2003-04-08 06:41 PM

Wow, this is just grand! The images that you brought to my mind by this are still there... absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the read

Life may be hard, but it's your attitude that determines your happieness

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
7 posted 2003-04-08 08:11 PM

Ron...Janet Marie always says it best....so I'll just offer a hug!
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
8 posted 2003-04-08 09:52 PM

Your prose as well as poetry touches deeply. This my favorite of thoughts/lines:

"But in hope of seeing more than I knew how to absorb through my eyes alone."

All I can say is may you when the time is right and she join you in that depth.

Enjoyed, Hugs, Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
9 posted 2003-04-08 10:40 PM

Wow! So much depth offered from the sky in a way I've never considered. So much to consider and always the hope. Very well done.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
10 posted 2003-04-09 07:21 AM

Ron,
wow, i wish i have the words to do this justice...what a gorgeous read! your opening line delighted me and Pat's favourite line as copied below made me wish i have written it myself..

but in hope of seeing more than I knew how to absorb through my eyes alone.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

11 posted 2003-04-09 03:25 PM

thank you.. one and all for takng time to read and comment. I'm glad there was something in this you could enjoy or relate to...

Sometimes the words are enough
to weigh down the heart and then at others
the words are inadequate for even explaining the tip of what happens to us... this particular time... the words just are...
and without judging them or their effectiveness in saying what was being felt and thought I'll just say they stand to mark a moment and an experience. One I'll now file away... with other bits of star..and sky... until the seams split again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » When Sky Seams Split

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary