navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mother's Precious Burden
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mother's Precious Burden Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Morcastlin
since 2002-01-14
Posts 244
The Jersey Shore, USA

0 posted 2002-01-23 05:18 PM

Mother, how can I repay you for always being there for me, through good times and bad? How can I repay so great a debt? You, who soothed my wounds and nurtured my soul. You, who always loved me too much. I am in awe of such tireless devotion. A devotion I took for granted as most children do.

Mother, I see now what a precious burden it was, to love so much. You shared my trials along with my triumphs. Your heart bled along with mine. Your spirit soared when my own took flight. I took no notice until now. Such a selfish child I was, believing you -along with the rest of the world- owed me something. It is I who owe you. I owe so much!

Mother, my heart is heavy holding so sweet a debt. Sweet, because it awakens within myself memories of your generosity. Never held back, you gave all that you possessed and more. So much more. You took on your own debt in order to give to me. You sacrificed your time and energy, money and self, to do for me.

Mother, you humble and inspire me! How beautiful is Mother's Love! It is a love like no other. It cannot be compared, understood, or experienced 'til one has a child of their own. A precious burden it is, indeed. I know this now many years later. Too late to make the burden lighter. Too late to ease your inner-struggle. Certainly, too late to do things over.

Mother, I realize now I can never repay you, except to do as you did. To follow in your footsteps and bear my own precious burden. To give all I have to offer and find ways to offer more, even at my own expense. To share my child's trials and triumphs. To love my child tenderly, like no other. To love my child as you love your's, Mother.

© Copyright 2002 Bonnie B. Hayes - All Rights Reserved
poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
1 posted 2002-01-23 05:39 PM

dear morcastlin,

a lovely and touching dedication to mothers everywhere... i appreciate the way you left it generally vague so it would have a wider application, though as a reader i always do enjoy personal anecdotes and stories... keep up the good work...

sincerely,
jerome

Do not be deaf to me, for if you are silent I shall go down to the pit like the rest. (Psalm 28)

DragonHeart
since 2002-01-27
Posts 3
Elmira,NY
2 posted 2002-01-27 01:27 PM

This brought such vivid memeories to me of my late Mother. Thank you for such a heart felt verse.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mother's Precious Burden

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary